1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
I can't remember I want to say 180/210 and I remember thinking I wish it was 150/180, once it gets above 180 things get hard to cool, I can maintain it but I can't cool it so the fans never shut off. That being said you don't want the fluid too cold either, it's a fine line. I opted to keep mine and try it a bit more, but I might try to find a lower one in the future.

But the point of this is that it does work.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't remember I want to say 180/210 and I remember thinking I wish it was 150/180, once it gets above 180 things get hard to cool, I can maintain it but I can't cool it so the fans never shut off. That being said you don't want the fluid too cold either, it's a fine line. I opted to keep mine and try it a bit more, but I might try to find a lower one in the future.

But the point of this is that it does work.
You don't happen to remember the part number you used?

I already have a heated sump, CBRD radiator and an AMS cooler, so getting the fluid to temp isn't a problem.

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Found it!!

it's a Moroso 63760, 160 on 140 off, it comes with a switch but I through that part away ;). I have a bypass switch incase I want to force it on anyhow. Or at the very least that was the one I was looking at, I'm not sure why I thought 180 on, maybe I switched last minute. But I'm pretty sure it's the one I bought, I know the one I have is 1/8" NPT, I'm having a hard time verifying if this one is that.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Found it!!

it's a Moroso 63760, 160 on 140 off, it comes with a switch but I through that part away ;). I have a bypass switch incase I want to force it on anyhow. Or at the very least that was the one I was looking at, I'm not sure why I thought 180 on, maybe I switched last minute. But I'm pretty sure it's the one I bought, I know the one I have is 1/8" NPT, I'm having a hard time verifying if this one is that.
Wow, yours comes on super early.....no overcooling concerns?

I saw your third pic, which port did you thread the switch into?

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
the top hole in the third pic is the thermostatic switch, the one below that is my nexus temp gauge sending unit, it didn't come with the hole I threaded it. I still feel like mine is a 180/190, I think that is the one I want to switch to. The problem I have is once I'm at 180 it's too late I can't cool it. So I wanted to go on around 160 to give it time to start cooling. But I think I opted for higher cause that 140 off seemed a bit low.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm....if I use a SW536 which is M16 x 1.5, I'd have to tap a new thread?

Is there any existing that I could use? I assume you have a Dodson.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, i hope that i'm in the right place. I had my car modified recently but today i'm facing a problem with it, it gets really hot. Idk if that’s related cause the mechanic mentioned that he switched the SSP Cooler temperature-sensitive instead of switched. I called him and he asked me to check the transmission fluid and sent me this video about how to check transmission fluid ( he knows that I'm noob mechanically with cars lol!) so i followed the video and everything looks good but the car’s still hot. Idk what to do i'm in another state away from the mechanic so help !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts