Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why everytime i enable nlts and i punch it, i hit a hard limiter which is the value of the minimum rpm to activate nlts. my foot is not touching pedal what do ever

·
Registered
68 Posts
Do you have flex fuel enabled? NLTS and flex fuel don't work together. Also check clutch pedal, switch is very sensitive. I think you can log it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have flex fuel enabled? NLTS and flex fuel don't work together. Also check clutch pedal, switch is very sensitive. I think you can log it.
no flex fuel isn’t enabled, should i raise the clutch engagement? because i have foot completely off the pedal, tuned by same tuner as you

·
Registered
14 Posts
no flex fuel isn’t enabled, should i raise the clutch engagement? because i have foot completely off the pedal, tuned by same tuner as you
i had that problem too. ended up being that my foot was barely touching the clutch pedal, but enough to make the ecu engage rev cut at nlts rpm. but you said you arent doing that so, what rpm do you have nlts to, what is your rpm drop set to?
i feel like it works best at like 1000-1500 rpm less than whatever your regular rev limit is, any less was giving me issues. i also have rpm drop at 1000rpm. And you said it only happens with nlts engaged? im just making sure its not tps rev cut from exceeding a knock limit, or something happening with the upper clutch switch not being fully depressed with your foot off the clutch. that upper clutch switch has to be fully depressed. you could check if its the switch by trying your cruise control. if the switch isnt fully depressed, it wont allow you to activate cruise control. that way you can rule out the switch. all provided u have cruise control.

The only other thing i can think of is the tps value for nlts engagement. my car never hits over 89% tps at pedal to the floor wot. so i have mine set to 87% and the minimum is like 80 or something.

good luck with it, post with the solution once you fix it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had that problem too. ended up being that my foot was barely touching the clutch pedal, but enough to make the ecu engage rev cut at nlts rpm. but you said you arent doing that so, what rpm do you have nlts to, what is your rpm drop set to?
i feel like it works best at like 1000-1500 rpm less than whatever your regular rev limit is, any less was giving me issues. i also have rpm drop at 1000rpm. And you said it only happens with nlts engaged? im just making sure its not tps rev cut from exceeding a knock limit, or something happening with the upper clutch switch not being fully depressed with your foot off the clutch. that upper clutch switch has to be fully depressed. you could check if its the switch by trying your cruise control. if the switch isnt fully depressed, it wont allow you to activate cruise control. that way you can rule out the switch. all provided u have cruise control.

The only other thing i can think of is the tps value for nlts engagement. my car never hits over 89% tps at pedal to the floor wot. so i have mine set to 87% and the minimum is like 80 or something.

good luck with it, post with the solution once you fix it
Yeah only happens when enabled, talked to/tuned with multiple tuners apparently it’s just the NLTS not working with some versions. No solution just living without it. Also ya to answer cruise control, mine still works

1 - 5 of 5 Posts