Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

Looking at changing the factory cat to a test pipe and was wondering which one i should be looking at, i'm not tuned yet so i'm looking for one that wont throw codes. Is there any that don't throw a code? I have HKS Hi-power CBE already. Also looking for one with an extra bung for AFR

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
most will throw a code but it can be turned off with evoscan. I have a t1r resinated test pipe, CEL came on 10km afte i drove it, got my buddy to turn it off. Not tuned and have a few track days/drag racing and no issues. I think you can buy a fouler or whatever they are called to trick the sensor.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I recommend the ETS test pipe as well. PLEASE DO NOT GO WOT until you're tuned. I have the same HKS CBE and I was spiking 29 PSI untuned.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yea it is a little wierd. I was spiking 26psi with just the HKS CBE, drop in filter and UICP. Once I installed the testpipe I would hit 26psi with only half throttle. So I did a 2nd-3rd gear pull and watched the needle slap 29psi twice.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
you adjust your wastegate at all, (aka wastegate mod)? i did that but not sure if that made a difference at all.

The only thing my tp did was cause me to shoot 2 fire balls out the exhaust when i hit fuel cutoff at the track due to fuel starvation...lol.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Na I didn't touch the wastegate at all. I wish I could shoot fireballs :( . I only backfire

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.