Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts
thank you. did you get a re tune after installing this or is it ok to bolt & go? i know it could cause rich/lean a-f readings.
I personally think its ok to drive after putting it on. I was running into over-boost issues (it wouldnt let me go into boost at all - my tuner said some form of limp mode) and an occasional CEL (like every 2 weeks) but it was in winter temps - at like 5 degrees. At one time i hit like 27psi, untuned lol. I had my tuner disable the rear o2 and mess completely disable the limp mode thing. No issues now.

Im sure youll be fine, just dont go super crazy with it at very low temps or you'll potentially overboost and throw a code or something like i did

I personally think its ok to drive after putting it on. I was running into over-boost issues (it wouldnt let me go into boost at all - my tuner said some form of limp mode) and an occasional CEL (like every 2 weeks) but it was in winter temps - at like 5 degrees. At one time i hit like 27psi, untuned lol. I had my tuner disable the rear o2 and mess completely disable the limp mode thing. No issues now.

Im sure youll be fine, just dont go super crazy with it at very low temps or you'll potentially overboost and throw a code or something like i did
gracias

test pipe = tune

you want to get one sooner than later... believe me even though it doesnt overboost everytime.. it is and will when you arent looking or expecting it
See thats what I thought, Im new to evo's. But my understanding was that when the testpipe is swaped its necessary to get a tune. Seems like playing with fire.

Not tuned yet...put almost 10000kms this past summer with test pipe and all my bolt ons. The cel comes on once in a while but goes away within the next day. I only get the code for the 02 censor and it's stuck right in there like normal.

Not recommending it but I've had
No problems lol if Iived close to ams I wouldn't be in this dilemma of picking a place in Toronto...hmph gonna suck it up in April and prob just go to magnusmotorsports

test pipe = tune

you want to get one sooner than later... believe me even though it doesnt overboost everytime.. it is and will when you arent looking or expecting it

Just to confirm your statement. I had a test pipe installed saturday and did a quick test last night (2nd and 3rd gear pulls) and I hit 30psi twice as oppose to the 26psi from before. I'm going to refrain from exceeding 10-15psi until I get a tune. So hard to resist though :(

yea its hard to refrain. just get a good tune and boost away! when I had my test pipe on I went WOT twice and overboost twice... Never did it again until I got tuned

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.