Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts
but a hfc is safer without a tune? less of a chance of overboost with it?
u dont need a tune for either. I've had my test pipe on for about 5000kms now and no issues. Only thing it requires is turning the o2 sensor off. I adjusted my wastegate pressure as well, my car peaks at 22psi and holds for abit then tapers to 17ish.

Not tuned yet...put almost 10000kms this past summer with test pipe and all my bolt ons. The cel comes on once in a while but goes away within the next day. I only get the code for the 02 censor and it's stuck right in there like normal.

Not recommending it but I've had
No problems lol if Iived close to ams I wouldn't be in this dilemma of picking a place in Toronto...hmph gonna suck it up in April and prob just go to magnusmotorsports

why wouldnt you want a tune to most efficiently/safely use your set up?

Im confused? Is a resonated test pipe the same as a HFC?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

The car runs just fine with full boltons. These cars are so rich, its safe.

i wouldnt go that far. I ran K&N drop in filter, DP and resinated Tp and that was fine. Once i got back from over sea's i installed my AMS CAI, UICP, LICP, 4" IC and Tomei Expreme exhaust, i was spiking at 30psi...afr was fine but the boost was way to much. I then installed my 3port and lowerd my WGDC tables to 0 until Clipse gave me my tune for my injectors and fp red.

Im confused? Is a resonated test pipe the same as a HFC?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
No. A resinated test pipe doesnt have a cat convertor in it. It just has a resinator, kinda like a muffler to cut the sound/drone down.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.