Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

testpipe installed

4K views 49 replies 21 participants last post by  Evo X_X' 
#1 ·
just finished swapping out my one piece downpipe with hiflow cat. now im running a one piece downpipe with resonated testpipe. sounds much deeper and a tad bit louder. so it was a 15 minute drive from the buddy's shop back to my house and the backfire i notice is wicked loud.:rock:
and when i half throttle it around 3500rpm to about 5500rpm , i felt as if the pull was more pronounce and a bit more agressive.

what else should i expect from having this installed?

#11 ·
-You should expect a gas smell occasionally at lights.
-Its a good idea to shut down your car if you get pulled over.
-Flames

-If you rev match, you'll definitely see flames all the time.
- havent smelled anything and if i did it soo faint.
- i wont get pulled over cuz im a very conservative driver
- waiting for a flame. heard backfires but not yet a flame.
- i have an MR so no true revmatch like a GSR can

#12 ·
Do you have the dp and res tp with the stock exhaust? Thats what i currently have and the only time i backfired is when i was at the track and i kept fitting fuel cut up from fuel starvation. Also i never noticed a sound difference at all since the stock mufflers were still there.

#35 · (Edited)
Not tuned yet...put almost 10000kms this past summer with test pipe and all my bolt ons. The cel comes on once in a while but goes away within the next day. I only get the code for the 02 censor and it's stuck right in there like normal.

Not recommending it but I've had
No problems lol if Iived close to ams I wouldn't be in this dilemma of picking a place in Toronto...hmph gonna suck it up in April and prob just go to magnusmotorsports

#43 ·
Not tuned yet...put almost 10000kms this past summer with test pipe and all my bolt ons. The cel comes on once in a while but goes away within the next day. I only get the code for the 02 censor and it's stuck right in there like normal.

Not recommending it but I've had
No problems lol if Iived close to ams I wouldn't be in this dilemma of picking a place in Toronto...hmph gonna suck it up in April and prob just go to magnusmotorsports

why wouldnt you want a tune to most efficiently/safely use your set up?

#48 ·
Im confused? Is a resonated test pipe the same as a HFC?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.