Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I just purchased a new WW GSR '15 from the dealership and after 3000 miles, I wanted more power. After browsing and reading up on some of the shops dedicated to the evo platform, I decided to go to E-Spec in Deer Park NY.

The Reason I went to E-Spec was that it is a convenient distance away from where I live, has a good number of their customers on the fastest quarter mile times thread, and on another built motor thread, their built engines have a good track record for longevity. Erkel's friendliness and the fact he does open source tuning was also a plus in my eyes.

Dyno Graph Attached
Shop: E-Spec
Dyno Type: Dyno Dynamics
Peak HP: 334
Peak Torque: 350
Fuel: 93 pump gas
Engine Management: Opensource

Engine/Power Modifications:

Injen UICP + Intake with AEM Filter
Map o2 Dump
Megan Test Pipe
Ark Designs Catback Single Exhaust.
Depo Racing 3.5 Intercooler
Grimspeed 3Port
AEM UEGO + AEM Boost Gauge sitting on a Perrin Dual Pod Mount behind the Steering Wheel.

Next plan is to get a twm full cage short shifter with a weighted shift knob, maybe their espec spec'd blouch turbo when it comes out if I wanna go over 400 along with a fuel pump, injectors and e85

Attachments

·
Registered
987 Posts
Good numbers !

·
Registered
619 Posts
Our numbers are almost exactly the same. I made 336whp/363wtq on bolt ons. Though I do not have an 02 dump or upgraded Intercooler like you. When I see people getting over 360hp+ it makes me wonder about the dynos.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its probably the DynoJets, they read a % higher, i usually see 40-50+ more hp on those dynos with the same mods here on the forum. It's more about comparing the baseline before and after with the dyno to see how much improvement there was.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Its probably the DynoJets, they read a % higher, i usually see 40-50+ more hp on those dynos with the same mods here on the forum. It's more about comparing the baseline before and after with the dyno to see how much improvement there was.
yup. Baseline numbers are very important. also keeping with the same dynos and similar conditions are important as well.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I looked into getting e-spec to do my car a e85 tune they seem pretty good.
They are one of the best shops when it comes to the evo x, not just pretty good.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Congrats! I made 354/380 with Erkels tune. Friendly and nice guy indeed, he does all my fluid change as well from engine to transmission and diffs. So far so good, beat the car at the track all day with no problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Our numbers are almost exactly the same. I made 336whp/363wtq on bolt ons. Though I do not have an 02 dump or upgraded Intercooler like you. When I see people getting over 360hp+ it makes me wonder about the dynos.
I got tuned by Erkel and I made 364whp and 338 wheel torque. Stock turbo, stock intercooler, stock turbo manifold. All I have is a Cosworth drop-in filter, MAP open dump turboback and a 3-port solenoid. To me its odd that you guys have over 360 wheel torque, everyone I know that got tuned by him almost always made higher horsepower then torque.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts