Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i figured I would finnally post up a bit on my car. My original engine feel victim to lean under boost since I did not want to buy a fuel pump relay and it was bad. It got replaced under warranty but that was a headache so I decided That my car needed more then a uicp and the ERZ exhaust. I replaced the turbo with a ported FP Red, evo dynamics 3port and dw850 injectors along with a act street disc. Next up was a robispec rear sway bar and amr coilovers. Then I traded my 850s for some dw1300s and bought a dw fuel pump from map along with the install kit. About a month later my crank pUlley came apart and my drivebelt went into my timing cover so I knew I would have to build the engine over winter but proceded to flog on the poor thing. Next up was the act street disc was slipping so threw a 6 puck in which faired no better and my cmc broke at autocross. I had the magnus adapter so installed that along with a rewelded UR downpipe, modified Ur fuel filter kit, boomba fuel rail, whiteline front sway bar, whiteline rollcenter kit, along with driveshaft bushings, diff bushings, shifter cable bushings, ssp sway bar links, kelford 214a cams, supertech valve springs, center diff pins, boomba front motor mount along with some other little parts. A few weeks ago I went on and did the rest of the stuff to the car. so now the car has k1 rods, wiseco 86.5 pistons, arp headstuds, mildly ported head, ported exhaust manifold, cnt v3 catback, depot hfc, fuelab regulator, exedy twin disc omni 4bar map sensor and Maps 3.5 intake. Hopefully this time the car is happy for a bit.
replacing my diff pins.

Measuring rod clearances and building engine in the living room.

Bored at work so i decided to work on the head.

All back together again

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Looks great man! :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
some spare wheels and tires for the car

out of space here so more spares at work

The brakes locked up from sitting in my beetle so i had to drag it out of the garage for shelving work in there.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow help me swap my trans :(
I am pretty tired of working on them for now. i hope to be finished up with a clutch job in a 05mr 6 speed here in a hr or so.

Looks great man! :)
thanks, i need to finish figuring out what all is installed on the car like the aps valve and decide if i want to list the parts i have tested on this car which is a pretty scary list. The sad part is this is my dd and in 3 years i have only drove 13k really hard miles

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Current mods
drivetrain
dw1300
boomba fuel rail
fuelab regulator
ported exhuast manifold
supertech springs
wiseco pistons
k1rods
updated timing chain
updated diff pins
ets uicp
ams intercooler
map intake
hyundai pulleys
ported fpred
evodynamics 3port
boomba front mount
updated relays
dw301? fuel pump
arp head studs
arp flywheel bolts
exedy twindisc
stm fork stopper
driveshaft bushings
diff bushings
UR downpipe
UR fuel filter kit
fuel pressure gauge
aem wideband
oil pressure gauge
evoscan gps
magnus clutch master with oem 9 cylinder
depot hfc
cnt v3 catback

Suspension
Amr 10k 12k coilovers
robispec rear bar
whiteline front bar
ssp endlinks
whiteline rollcenter kit
rotas with 275/30 a6
advans nt01 275/35
stock wheels nt01 245/40
stock wheels bridgestone all seasons
spare set of nt01s
spare set r6

brakes
rb500 front and rear pads
porsche cooling ducts
ams brake cooling ducts not installed
spare gsr rotors
mr rotors on it
spare brembo slotted mr 2 peice rotors
girodisc shims
i am sure i am missing a bunch of stuff but oh well. i need to get back to work.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
i charge anywhere between 30-100 a hr depending how much bribing one does with skittles and doughnuts. But I try not to work on modified cars here and have them take those cars to where i work.
Yeah, I know what mech's make, that is why I said what I said. My pay comes in steady, whether I do anything or not and at a higher per hour rate. I love software engineering sometimes... :yay:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i used to do software work but hated sitting so i tried IT and it sucked, Then tried student teaching to become a teacher but pay and hrs sucked (band) and parents sucked so I became a airtool operator. I planned on only doing it for a couple years then going back to software but just have not wanted to and in this area computer work pays crappy.
it was to cold for me outside and i have to work in the morning so back in i went

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
i used to do software work but hated sitting so i tried IT and it sucked, Then tried student teaching to become a teacher but pay and hrs sucked (band) and parents sucked so I became a airtool operator. I planned on only doing it for a couple years then going back to software but just have not wanted to and in this area computer work pays crappy.
it was to cold for me outside and i have to work in the mornign so back in i went
My relationship with software is love/hate really. I started in electronics engineering and got bored, then software, then hardware test, then industrial instrumentation. All I really want to do is race and retire early so I can race more...or sit on a beach and think about racing while trying every mixed cocktail known to man...

I get bored easy.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All of those areas sound like they would be fun/ interesting on and off 6 months or so rotating. but the teadous asspects and things like attention to grammar make life no fun for someone like me. sadly i am not a lot easier to speak to in person i think.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yeah, I know what mech's make, that is why I said what I said. My pay comes in steady, whether I do anything or not and at a higher per hour rate. I love software engineering sometimes... :yay:
Yeah, but there's headaches if you're in financial software like I am. Which is exactly why I'm going into contract work ;)

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
I have been in S/W contracting for last 7 years, but am looking for a full time gig. The money is really good, but the pressure and expectation "just" because you're a contractor tends to wear me down a lot more than it used to. Add to the fact I just had a kid, contracting does not look so attractive with all the travelling etc even with the higher pay. But I'm at a juncture where I just don't want to work for somebody anymore. I want to be my own boss someday and will definitely get into business..........someday! sigh!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You could all ways open a business taking care of dealership computers. they do not like to upgrade so with all the patching that is done there will allways be work. when i did it vw kept launching satalite for the service deptment connection and then it would not work so would have to go back and convert everything back. My problem was when I drove out of town to find a server had it power strip turned off.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I have been in S/W contracting for last 7 years, but am looking for a full time gig. The money is really good, but the pressure and expectation "just" because you're a contractor tends to wear me down a lot more than it used to. Add to the fact I just had a kid, contracting does not look so attractive with all the travelling etc even with the higher pay. But I'm at a juncture where I just don't want to work for somebody anymore. I want to be my own boss someday and will definitely get into business..........someday! sigh!
Once you get into the contracting gig it seems you cannot get out! It isn't true, I have been contracting since 2008 and finally landed a perm job with great benefits... Keep your head up, I gave up long ago and finally got lucky!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.