Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am curious as Evo has always been praised on how it drives, not just how the steering feels, nor how the clutch feels, but the whole package. I notice not many car gets this kind of praise, to name a few, 3 series (editor always choose the 3 series over the G35 because of this "feel"), porsche, and other exotics. I have yet to test drive an Evo X, however, I wonder how it stacks up with a car like 911 in terms of the "feel". I remember reading a review for evo 9 and one of the lines was "this is how a porsche should drive". I have always find it fascinating seeing people comparing the driving experience of past Evos with a car that double its price.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Me too. You can get on the gas so much more aggresively coming out of turns and the car sling shots where as rwd cars lose that forward momentum to the tires spinning. The new evo, even moreso than the other evos, drives a lot like a hybrid of a rwd and an awd car, thanks to the active yaw control. The reviews all say that it has the grip of awd with the ability to hang the ass end out and have the nose tuck in like a rwd car. To me, it doesn't get any better than this. It's like having a .44 magnum kick like a BB gun. AWD + AYC = lethal performance in an easy to control and more capable package.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Me too. You can get on the gas so much more aggresively coming out of turns and the car sling shots where as rwd cars lose that forward momentum to the tires spinning. The new evo, even moreso than the other evos, drives a lot like a hybrid of a rwd and an awd car, thanks to the active yaw control. The reviews all say that it has the grip of awd with the ability to hang the ass end out and have the nose tuck in like a rwd car. To me, it doesn't get any better than this. It's like having a .44 magnum kick like a BB gun. AWD + AYC = lethal performance in an easy to control and more capable package.
Well put.
:rock:

·
Registered
949 Posts
I am finding the X definitely feels like a RWD car when you go through those turns. I believe that has a ton to due with the new S-AYC system though. Its definitely more fun to drive. The steering doesnt seem as tightly wound as the VIII was though, but it is still very responsive.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I raced mine recently. AWD cars in most cases, feel secure and safe on the road at high speeds and corners. I managed to get the back hanging out a couple of times. Turning is fantastic. There is rear wheel bias at corners depending on aggressiveness and steering angle.

Must be something about AWD cars.. even Ferrari are designing an AWD system to fit into their F series cars.. with rear wheel bias ofcourse.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'll tell you in exactly 4 weeks how the UK spec X feels on a track. They are having a launch day driving on a high speed track, a short, twisty, tarmac rally adverse camber track and then a skid pan. Cant wait :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
well i dont know how a awd handling feels for me yet , but i do have a rwd c230k coupe well modded COilovers pss9 ,spacers, 18x9.5 rims, nitto tires ,bigger sway bars, camber ki,t .. and let me tell you man there not boddy roll <-ZERO no over steer or under steer and the harder i push my coupe in turns the car doesnt want to drift or leave from it lane and i do some lane changing going 80mph it feels great i hope the evo x feels the same or better when i get it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.