Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been talking with Kris from SSPerformance for some time now. After what I'm sure he would say has been LOTS of emails and checking on the progress of things, the clutches are finally in and being tested. SSP along with MAP have already installed a set and now we are going to prove that anyone with some mechanical knowledge can do it.

I will be installing these clutches over the next couple weeks in an attached garage with no lift. I'll be documenting every step with pics and videos if need be to show everyone it can be done.

I'm sure I'll have lots of calls to SSP since no one has really seem much of the insides of the TC-SST but we are about to take everyone inside one.

This will be the second set of TC-SST upgraded clutch discs available. I'll also be doing the SSP Deep sump trans pan, and I'm hoping to show the front mount cooler install at the same time.

I'd like to start by thanking SSP and MAP for all the hard work on these AMAZING products and to help us MR/TC-SST owners be able to safely build power!

Everyone stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
SSP Clutch Upgrade underway

SSP would like to thank "The Sin" for participating in ths project. We are very pleased with the clutch results thus far. We will be following his progress thru this entire thread. SSP will be working with Justin closely to document the entire build. Lets get started.:rock::rock::rock::rock:

SSP Performance

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
it's gonna be a fun filled few weeks I think, I can't wait to start getting some pics up. This weekend I'm gonna get it on stands and start the tare down, if all goes well I should have the tranny ready to come out by sunday.
Have fun :thumbup:

If you've owned an automatic before .. its almost similiar .. ;)
just think of it this way.. the torque converter is replaced by the DCT unit :D

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
If I say its as simple as 123 .. I'd be lying .. but its really pretty straightforward ;)

Oh yes .. do be careful of the filter side .. that freaking assembly is in plastic and you don't have a hoist .. make sure the trans comes straight down .. otherwise just remove that assembly to make it easier (since the hoses are attached there anyways)

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I say its as simple as 123 .. I'd be lying .. but its really pretty straightforward ;)

Oh yes .. do be careful of the filter side .. that freaking assembly is in plastic and you don't have a hoist .. make sure the trans comes straight down .. otherwise just remove that assembly to make it easier (since the hoses are attached there anyways)
thanks for the advice man. I'm going to attempt to come upwards though, I have a picker, if all else fails I'll go down but without a hoist going down won't be easy at all.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Congratulations Babe! I'm so proud of you!!
:godance:
Thanks to SSP Performance for making my day!
I'm so excited to start this project ^_^

W00T!

1 - 20 of 174 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.