Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

They are saying 25000

5K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  DirectorSe7en 
#1 ·
#7 ·
so does anyone know if they will offer the RA with a standard transmission???

#8 ·
So far they've only stated that it's SST.

I sure hope they consider a manual model as it would give us Canadians a proper alternative to our overpriced-underoptioned GSRs!! :(

#13 ·
As for the 25k price tag... I'm hoping it'll be less than that. I know, I know... "you're asking for a lot for under 25k"
Although this may be true, the WRX sits under 25k and since the WRX has so much of a better rep than the RalliArt which, for the Lancer, hasn't been much in the past... they'll need a little more incentive to sway the people considering a WRX.

I'm not saying that 20k is appropriate but, something between 23k and 24k would make things a little more interesting against the WRX.

Also, a lot of people keep talking about how 'ugly' the WRX hatch is but, it seems to me that few realize... there's also a WRX sedan option which is priced lower.

Also, this may not be the case in other global markets though... I'm purely speaking of the American market.

#17 ·
Well... one way or another... I'll be saving my lunch moneys and anxiously awaiting professional reviews of this beast. Hopefully, I'll have enough credit and a big enough down payment to not have to pay more than $275 per month for 5 years. Anything more than that and I might as well go ahead and default on my student loans.

#19 ·
If it were 5/6MT, I'm not sure whether or not I would. I can drive stick but, I've only driven a 5MT 2004 GTO and 99 New Beetle for a total of about 15-20 minutes so, getting a new car with MT is scary for me. Thoughts of killing the transmission come to mind.

I was gonna buy a 5MT Integra for $3500 from a friend but, he backed out because he, much like myself, cannot decide on a car. :p

The 'teg' would have been nice because I would have been able to continue to afford my auto Civic as a backup plan.

Truthfully... modding isn't too big of a thing for me. The way I see it... I'm going from a 115hp Civic to a 235hp pseudo-evo. I'd be happy with it as is. Plus... when it comes down to apartment vs. auto upgrades... girls tend to prefer a place to go other than the back seat of a car. :p

#23 ·
haha, get the manual if they release it. Just bought my gsr and I only had like a couple hours driving time on stick before i got it. Your not gonna destroy your transmission if you have half a brain and patience.

LOL, the salesman gave me a 30min quick lesson do's and don'ts with the manual trans. Who cares, your never gonna learn if you don't balls up and buy a manual and force yourself to learn.

#25 · (Edited)
The press photos specifically showcase TC-SST on the R/A. I will append a youtube link that talks about Mitsu thinking about M/T later down the line. Do you happen to have the source that states otherwise?

Unveiling video - specifically states that the TC-SST will be borrowed from the R/A's Evo brother.

Well.. I can't find the other video. Maybe the part about the M/T was selective hearing or something...
I'd like to see it offered as an option though... despite my likelihood of getting SST. Mitsubishi is not in a position to be a little bit.... punk about tuners.

Also... I hope I'm not coming across as argumentative. I just want to make sure sources are listed for big news changes like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.