Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys like the tittle says in thinking of running e85 just wondering if anyone has some impute on running e85 would like to know a little more about people's experience with it be for I make my decision thank you

Migy

·
Registered
614 Posts
E85 is like a drug for car guys... One u get a taste of it you'll never wanna run regular octane again :)

Do it and you'll never look back :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm running the Cobb AP and it has base maps for E85 with 800cc injectors. I would get those if you plan on getting the cobb and using the stock turbo for some time. I would only buy larger injectors then that if you plan on upgrading the turbo in the near future. I have a custom tune for the E85 but having a base map from cobb allowed me to drive my car 1.5 hours to ivey after i installed all the parts, just saying.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^i actually just sold my Cobb AP :( and I plan on just keeping the stock turbo my mods are a MAP header greddy down pipe AMS intake, ets 3in intercooler kit, test pipe, with hks high power exhaust.

Migy

·
Registered
614 Posts
What fuel pump are you running?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Isnt E85 require fuel lines to be upgraded? Also, changing fuel filter every 3k or so?

From my understanding it is a quiet hassle to switch due to maintenance and upgrades it requires?
Mmmm good question? So what do you guys think that are running it how is the maintenance

Migy

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've been running it for about 4-5months now and i havent had any isues. All my tuner said was to run a 1/4 to 1/2 a tank of 91oct every 1000miles of e85 and I should be ok. And as of now everything seems ok :)

Im running stock fuel rail btw.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Oh and i'm on id1000's w/ 255 wally at 80-85 idc on e85... ( which should be up for sale very soon btw ;) )

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.