Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about everyone else, but I am new to the Evo. On every other forum I have joined, every comment I make about my X, I get responses about what a piece of crap I own. What I don't understand is that it all comes form owners of previous Evo models. Like I said I am new to the Evo but I have never experienced this kind of reaction form people that own the same car! Anyway I am glad I found this forum.:thumbup:
Has anyone else found this kind of reaction?

·
not stupid
207 Posts
They are haters, 'cos yours it's better.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Even my Local Evoforum talk down the New-X at times.
For all the EVO-X owners we have a place we can call home.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yeah mad props to Dino for being so patient and keeping this site up.

Welcome to the forum xracer.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
People don't seem to grasp the fact that products usually improve over time as technology improves. So why wouldn't the x be better than the rest as the XI will be better than the x. I'm sure mitsubishi wouldn't make a car worse than the previous model. I had an Evo I and Evo IV when I was stationed in japan the the IV was better than the I and the X is better than the IV. Just my .02

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
meh.. we like all cars here, I used to own an early model evo.. I think most members here appreciate what each evo model brings to the table..or any other car for that matter

BTW..welcome!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
sadly

Without a dout, i felt not wanted in others forums till i found this one
Sadly, it's true. I feel that most people feel the 4G63 made the Evo. As a 1G Eclipse owner and a HUGE FAN of the 4G63, I know it's a major factor of the Evo, but not the heart. The Evo is balanced with strength and agility. By far the 4G63 can take a beating like no other and my V-8 buddies fear it BUT the motor is old enough to buy its own alcohol and change is inevitable. My Eclipse rips the street apart but will NOT Handle like the Evo's. (and I'm fwd) The drive-train has changed quite a bit and yet I hear no fuss. The 4B11's new and hasn't had much time to really prove itself yet. So as big of a fan I am of my beloved motor from 93 that has terrorized to streets, I love forward to this new Evo X; and I know it's the best Evo thus far. My Eclipse is sitting in the shop right now thanks to a snapped timing belt. The 4B11 has a timing chain and MANY other improvements over its sister. Would it have helped if Mitsubishi named it the 4B63 or something?! Lol.

Bottom line is I know Mitsubish wouldn't degrade it's flagship car and they've had over several years to plan and build a new power plant. Once (and if for the haters) it proves how stout the motor is and gives that V-8 ass whoopin power from mods, there will be a moment of silence.. Followed by praised. So ride on X's.. For now the 4G63 may no longer be feared; but the 4B11 will be the new King of the Mountain.. Track.. Strip.. Street.. And other places that only all-wheel drive cars can go.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts