Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it fairly common to get this at consistently high rpm/boost levels? I'm running the ETS test pipe with the J style bung and it's been fine for months until hitting the track. Took a few sessions before it came on which is puzzling since I would think the code would throw fairly early on in the first session if it was that.

Thus begins a likely entertaining journey of killing that rather popular code. Horray!

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Teph- I'm getting it too, but I'm sure it's because I'm running with no MAF on a limp map. What impact would the front O2 being disabled have?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I get the same code at least once each trackday. Last event was a two day event and it came on twice on my last two sessions of day two.

Is it easily disabled? It would be nice to not have to ignore a CEL while on the track and just decide to stay out based on how the car seems to be running.

·
[X Performance Mod], [Racing Mod], [Local Team Mem
11,761 Posts
Is it fairly common to get this at consistently high rpm/boost levels? I'm running the ETS test pipe with the J style bung and it's been fine for months until hitting the track. Took a few sessions before it came on which is puzzling since I would think the code would throw fairly early on in the first session if it was that.

Thus begins a likely entertaining journey of killing that rather popular code. Horray!
It did not show up for me during my last 2 day event on the first day. On the second day, it came up on my 3rd session and it just kept coming back. It has not disappeared since despite several DTC resets. It was also the first time I ran E85 and after a new tune. I am scheduled for a re-tune for other reasons too. It does not show up on my pump tune though.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have a full ETS setup and I find that code comes up whenever my car has been sitting outside for a long period of time on a hot day. If its a cooler day then I never get it, since you guys are tracking I'm guessing your heating your car up thus throwing the code, just delete it if it pops up. However, I'm also wondering if you can just disable the sensor all together??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts