Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving on the highway and I begin to depress the clutch and it slams to the floor. I'm thinking at the time the CMC crapped out again.. It was weird since I pulled the pedal back up and tried to press it down but it was extremely difficult. It took a lot of force to get the pedal to move.

I'm looking at the clutch fork and it looks like its stuck in the depressed position...not sure what the hell happened. Any input? And can I get this fixed without dropping the transmission?

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,145 Posts
Exedy twin going in. Wish I done this sooner. First ACT lasted 10k, then put Spec, t-case went out, now replacing spec.

Expensive car is expensive.
I had my exedy stage 2 (not the twin) fail after 9k miles. Not throw out bearing, but was having clutch drag issues.

I went with carbonetic twin which is an amazing clutch! Additionally it's a pull to push style conversion so no need to worry about that pin popping off of the throw out bearing again.

It's a bit more then the exedy twin, but having driven on it for about 500 miles now I wouldn't go with a different clutch, ever. Also supposed to be able to rebuild it pretty cheap as the carbon plates last a long time.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have heard nothing but problems lately with Spec. I had their twin disc and it took a shit after 1100 miles. Leaking cylinder. This looks to be more common than not from Spec.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
So Spec's products are becoming like their customer service? Who would have thought.
It was known for years around many forum communities that SPEC's products like their service was horrendous. I am not sure who spread it on this forum that SPEC products were any good.

They only good good on paper... not practice.

·
[E-Tuner]
16,079 Posts
It was known for years around many forum communities that SPEC's products like their service was horrendous. I am not sure who spread it on this forum that SPEC products were any good.

They only good good on paper... not practice.
Word

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So the exedy twin is in, feels a little stiffer than the spec. I'm having gear lock out issues, but only when the car is cold. When fully warm, taking the shifter out of gear it feels like its catching. I only have about 150 miles on it so I'll see how it goes. My SSP MC3 is also adjusted all the way down so I'll try extending it a bit to see if that helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.