Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright well im getting bored of my car so I am thinking about building it and I have been researching a lot, but I still have some questions.

I plan on keeping the mods in my signature.

I plan on getting

-GSC S2 cams
-injectors
-springs
BB FP BLACK

Now this car is my dd so I would like It to be down as less as possible. Now idk if I should accumulate rods pistons head studs and my cams and retainers and get my block machined and honed or just buy a MAP block. Then send them my stock block once I switch them.

What would the price approx labor costs of each

My other question would be I want to have approx 500-550 whp to have a fun dd how much power can a built block with stock sleeves hold. I was thinking of getting a sleeved 2.1 but I would rather not spend the extra money if I don't have too.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just get a 2.0L sleeved and fully built and that will hold perfectly. If you're going to do any work like that on an engine at least fully build it.
Yeah I know I was thinking of maybe the MAP sleeved 2.1 block

But money is a limiting factor because I'm 19. So I would need to save even more

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Well your name answers all the haters questions very fast! ;) I am 19 as well. For an FP black, i would build the motor first. Or take it quite easy on the black, but then the lag isnt worth it and you could have just went with a red. and also if you are doing cams, should probably do springs and retainers also. And while you are in the head, change the timing chain aswell the to beefy one!

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah 19, very nice, I just turned 17. No reason to make it 2.1L over a 2.0L, really a personal choice.

I'll be going with the Map Stage 2 kit for my engine build...only another year or two lol.
yup that's the same thing I was looking at I plan on saving for like the next year or two then just do it

Well your name answers all the haters questions very fast! ;) I am 19 as well. For an FP black, i would build the motor first. Or take it quite easy on the black, but then the lag isnt worth it and you could have just went with a red. and also if you are doing cams, should probably do springs and retainers also. And while you are in the head, change the timing chain aswell the to beefy one!
I will prob just buy the black then put it on when I gEt the block

Let's make a under 20 evo crew...let's do it

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
yup that's the same thing I was looking at I plan on saving for like the next year or two then just do it

I will prob just buy the black then put it on when I gEt the block

Let's make a under 20 evo crew...let's do it
Well thats no fun to spend $2k on a part and just watch it sit there!! Might as well atleast put it on just dial the tq in around 370-380 at the wheels and you should be fine! Id suggest to switch your hallman MBC out with a 3 port also. I have a hallman mbc also and once i pick my bb red up its getting replaced for sure with a 3 port. Also, the stock bov tends to leak around 26psi+ may want to look into that as well, along with boost and wideband gauge, and maybe a fuel pressure regulator kit.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thats no fun to spend $2k on a part and just watch it sit there!! Might as well atleast put it on just dial the tq in around 370-380 at the wheels and you should be fine! Id suggest to switch your hallman MBC out with a 3 port also. I have a hallman mbc also and once i pick my bb red up its getting replaced for sure with a 3 port. Also, the stock bov tends to leak around 26psi+ may want to look into that as well, along with boost and wideband gauge, and maybe a fuel pressure regulator kit.
I planned on doing a 3 port and maybe I'd put it on...and labor costs are minimized if I do it with the block tho decisions I have nessacary gauges

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Yeah I know I was thinking of maybe the MAP sleeved 2.1 block

But money is a limiting factor because I'm 19. So I would need to save even more
This is an awesome Quote!!!!

So what happens when it only lasts 15k? I havent seen a built X engine last more than 18k on the same setup

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
This is an awesome Quote!!!!

So what happens when it only lasts 15k? I havent seen a built X engine last more than 18k on the same setup
who said i dont plan on buying a DD thanks for your informative post. and im 99.9% sure i have Just sayin

·
Premium Member
21,476 Posts
For the record, mods in the sig at the time were:
Mods: ETS 02 dump DP - ETS v2 Exhaust - Turbo xs TP - Hallman MBC - Cobb Turbo Inlet port - Buschur Racing Filter Kit - AMS FMIC - ETS UICP - AEM Widband - Rexspeed A-pillar Pod - ARCHood Vent - Blacktop Areo Lip - F.I.C 900 injectors - Areomotive 340 - D2 R.S. Coilovers - E-Spec 93 Tune(soon to be on corn)

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
who said i dont plan on buying a DD thanks for your informative post. and im 99.9% sure i have Just sayin
Always looking to be proven wrong :) seriously there is a whole thread on it. Highest mileage builds, nothing over 18k.
But seeing as you are 99% sure, I'll take your word for it ;) you sound wise beyond your years.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Always looking to be proven wrong :) seriously there is a whole thread on it. Highest mileage builds, nothing over 18k.
But seeing as you are 99% sure, I'll take your word for it ;) you sound wise beyond your years.
Love peolp who think just cause someone is young they dont know how to build a motor...its guys like you that look dumb when they aer on the side of the road and stupid kids like me pass and not help and get called D-bags...and BTW i read your built motor threads 2 problems

They are usually not dd and they are usually on very aggressive tunes ...
and 2nd you seem to be the only person who is freaking out over built motors failing.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not very funny, makes you look like a spoiled 16 year old. It would probably be funny if someone saw a 40 something getting out of the car...then it would be funny. ;)
to each his own i get alot of compliments and your the only one who has vocalized there negative viewpoint

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Love peolp who think just cause someone is young they dont know how to build a motor...its guys like you that look dumb when they aer on the side of the road and stupid kids like me pass and not help and get called D-bags...and BTW i read your built motor threads 2 problems

They are usually not dd and they are usually on very aggressive tunes ...
and 2nd you seem to be the only person who is freaking out over built motors failing.
Haha my car is stock :) not worried bout anything.
I do seriously hope your build goes well. You need to calm down kiddo.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
to each his own i get alot of compliments and your the only one who has vocalized there negative viewpoint
I strive to be direct with everything I say and do. Shit smells like shit, peaches taste sweet, everyone has opinions, just like we all have a ssholes. ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.