Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm assuming this setup is just Cut-And-Paste... Could anyone already running this chime in on anything I should know?

Someone suggested hairspraying the couplers so they don't leak and I intend on doing that, I just want to make sure there's not something obvious I'm missing. O-Ring, VBand Clamp, Hoseclamp the hoses?.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
make sure they sent you the right sized coupler that goes between the BOV and intake! They sent me and several others one that was about 4x too long.

Other than that, make sure it's rotated to give as much clearance away from the lower driver side radiator bracket. It'll be near the middle coupler. If it's too close, over time it might settle and rub against he bracket, wearing a small hole in the tube. Ask me how i know =/ Although I think this only happened in my case because I was sent the wrong parts in the first place.

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Oh great totally stoked for this.

I still have the BOV hose they sent with my intake, so I should be good.

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dan-- It is indeed one of your nifty intakes! :)

I've got the full AMS bolt-on setup at this point :D

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes sir... Will be sporting some more of your parts here in the next few months. If you have a minute or five, go check out my build thread!

I personally endorse your entire product line, customer service, and your commitment to quality. My mantra has and always will be "Does AMS make one?"

So thanks for that. The LICP looks amazing.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Haha thank you for the compliment. I wish I had more time to spend on the forums and check out everyone's build thread but sometimes it just gets too busy.

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not a problem. It'll be a monster for sure.

·
Registered
924 Posts
make sure they sent you the right sized coupler that goes between the BOV and intake! They sent me and several others one that was about 4x too long.

Other than that, make sure it's rotated to give as much clearance away from the lower driver side radiator bracket. It'll be near the middle coupler. If it's too close, over time it might settle and rub against he bracket, wearing a small hole in the tube. Ask me how i know =/ Although I think this only happened in my case because I was sent the wrong parts in the first place.
Nope happened to me too... just make sure that you double check everything down low for rubbing and you will be good... I paid the price for installing it late as hell at night and not paying attention :duh:

My BOV to intake hose was too long as well (I too am running all AMS parts) but I didnt care since I had spare samco hose laying around that I cut to fit...

blk-majik pretty much covered everything that I noticed when I switched from ETS LICP to the AMS with Tial QR :thumbup:

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Installing today, took a look at the fittig on top... Do I need Teflon Tape to make a seal or anything? Or does the bolt do a pretty good job?

Does the hole need to face the exit of the thing or will any direction work?

·
Registered
571 Posts
How is partial throttle/boost with this BOV? Been thinking about this setup for a while now.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Installing today, took a look at the fittig on top... Do I need Teflon Tape to make a seal or anything? Or does the bolt do a pretty good job?

Does the hole need to face the exit of the thing or will any direction work?
you mean the recirc coupler? should face the intake :) you aren't trying to VTA are you?

also, for me the spring took about a month to break in. it'll be a bit choppy at first

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Fitment was ehhh.... Ams intake, uicp, licp, and fmic. Idk wtf the problem was... Perhaps bracket location.

Works just fine.

Same coupler

The setup!

Teardown

A bug hit my.... Throttle... Plate?

Mounted.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts