Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Are these actual track slip times or GPS derived mumbo jumbo? Having never drag raced I might be interested in trying my stock Evo X at the Mission Raceway strip, but I'll have to put a few 1,000 km on it before I even think about doing that.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Are these actual track slip times or GPS derived mumbo jumbo? Having never drag raced I might be interested in trying my stock Evo X at the Mission Raceway strip, but I'll have to put a few 1,000 km on it before I even think about doing that.
Should always wait til after the first oil change to push the car to its limits.

·
Administrator
24,218 Posts
It was on a GPS / accelerometer. I can tell you with 100% certainty that it's far from accurate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought one of those gtech meters, it was a waste of money. The 1/4 mile is somewhat accurate in the elapsed time but way off for the trap speed. At the strip I have ran a [email protected] MPH without launching. I figured I could run a little lower with a good launch maybe a 15.3 or 15.4. I got the meter and a botched run was 15.7 and a good/perfect run was 15.2. The traps were at like 98 mph though. So the times for me weren't too far off but the traps were.

The one that said the Lancer ran a 14.X was def. off though. I would recommend nobody buy them because they are not very accurate and they tempt you to drive like a moron on public roads to try to get a good run. Just go to the track, its alot more fun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.