Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to get my pb evo tinted/bra'd at a 3M dealer. Tinting with the crystalline 3M tint (upper strip across windshield) and clear bra front, side panels, hood, rearview mirrors. I was quoted ~$1100, lifetime warranty, for everything, does that sound reasonable? Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey wassup! I live in Tulsa btw. The crystalline tint is the fancy pants high end 3M tint that is supposed to be efficient at keeping the car cool and uv's out. I don't have any pics of it applied.. If I get it done, I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
77 Posts
A friend has that so called Crystalline tint on her car, she said its the best stuff for keeping the car cool, i think she leaves her dog in the car at times.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok well I went ahead with it, I especially wanted the clear bra stuff but was kind of up in the air about the tint.. I'll post my pics when I get it back tomorrow.. Seemed about right for the pricing from doing some internet research, and he said he'd throw in some clear bra stuff around the wheel wells since that was a concern... oh yeah i already have dog hairs all over my interior :p

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok here she is! I'm varrry pleased with the end product, the tint has a shade of shimmer to it and water drops on it looks ruby red.. really cool.. seems to keep the interior cool in this hot oklahoma weather.

·
Registered
375 Posts
perfect tint job, whats the specs on the tint:
light transmission
reflectivity

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
perfect tint job, whats the specs on the tint:
light transmission
reflectivity
Thanks, the specs for the tint I got (40) are:

Visible light transmitted: 39%
Total solar energy rejected: 59%
- On angle: 66%
Infrared rejected: 97%
Solar heat reduction: 50%
Visible light Reflection Int.: 6%
Visible light Reflection Ext.: 7%
UV rejected: 99.9%
Glare reduction: 56%

Looks awsome, you definitely get what you pay for. You neighbor hood looks familiar I'm sure i've driven through it before lol.
Thanks, yeah I live out in Jenks.. it's pretty nice since I'm just off 75 and the Creek Turnpike, so I can get around Tulsa pretty quick.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks very nice. Wish NJ didn't have stupid 'no front windows' tint laws.

Not worth it to tint unless you can do front and back or it just looks silly imho. Your car looks nice though ^^
Thanks,
the guy said he'd do the strip across the windshield gratis, but I said hold off as I may have him do the windshield as well. He said that the crystalline is the only one that he does on windshields due to clarity issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone... i am new to the site. I just bought a ES and have an appointment on Monday to tint the windows. I am not sure of my decision of Suntek HP, its slightly reflective, at 35%.
Has anyone ever used this? Or better yet, would anybody? I have been looking for hours on the internet to find a Graphite Gray Lancer with this slightly reflective 35% and have had NO LUCK. I found this site and thought maybe someone here could help?? I am starting to think "Maybe i havent found one because it DOESNT LOOK RIGHT!" hahah any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Umm....the EVO has heat blocking windows already. I would not spend more than 150.00 on tint on the thing.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/0...evolution-x-features-a-few-unusual-efficienc/

* Energy Saving Glass - Solar control glass uses an infrared absorbing material in its intermediate layer to reduce transmission of solar heat by 66-100%. The glass also cuts out transmission of ultra-violet light but transmits all visible light to keep the interior airy and light.

·
Fales at internets
1,249 Posts
i dont know about that, my car gets hot as fuck in nc, i dont have tint yet either,

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I have 5% all the way around my car and it keeps the car some what cool in this south texas weather. Plus be aware that the window trim is really snug and it scratches the tent. At least it did on my car and my friends.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cool! I think I saw you on Saturday, I was heading back from playing soccer down at TU and you were headed west off Harvard? Yeah I checked out Car Toys, but the guy I talked to was such a cheesedick salesguy.. but I know they do great tint work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.