Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just traded in my 2010 rx8 r3 for an WW Evo X GSR 2011. Gotta say I Love the Evo! Anyway it super hot here in chicago and I want to tint my windows in the next few days. Yesterday was 102 degrees... I had 20% tints all around except front windshield on the rx8. I liked it but it just didnt seem dark enough for me. My girlfriend likes to be naked in the car and she wants the extra privacy :innocent:. Anyway would 10% all around look ghetto on a WW Evo? If anyone has any pics of 10% on there WW evo please post some pics. I would go 15% but my tinter says the brands he uses dont sell high quality 15% only 20% and 10% :( . Thanks guys.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hahahaha.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your turn

Here are some pics of the said girl, and one of me to calm your erection :D. If anyone has 10% tints please post the pics. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
So I just traded in my 2010 rx8 r3 for an WW Evo X GSR 2011. Gotta say I Love the Evo! Anyway it super hot here in chicago and I want to tint my windows in the next few days. Yesterday was 102 degrees... I had 20% tints all around except front windshield on the rx8. I liked it but it just didnt seem dark enough for me. My girlfriend likes to be naked in the car and she wants the extra privacy :innocent:. Anyway would 10% all around look ghetto on a WW Evo? If anyone has any pics of 10% on there WW evo please post some pics. I would go 15% but my tinter says the brands he uses dont sell high quality 15% only 20% and 10% :( . Thanks guys.
That there shows me they arent a very good tinting place.(sorry to be so frank) A tint place not getting good quality tint for darker percentages? eh..The whole reason that some peoplle go darker is because it blockes out UV rays, and keeps their car coolerm and of course privacy. If they are using low quality crap its deffinitely not doing the job in any of those circumstances. But as for 10% being to dark IMO, I dont think so on a WW.

Curious did you ask what brand they are using?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I didnt really know what to make of them telling me that about the 15%... But right now I need tints bad and this place has done good work before. He is charging me $200 for all windows including a strip on the front windshield. I cant get that price with places that do high quality laser cut tints. Lowest I found was $300 for the same deal... Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yeah I didnt really know what to make of them telling me that about the 15%... But right now I need tints bad and this place has done good work before. He is charging me $200 for all windows including a strip on the front windshield. I cant get that price with places that do high quality laser cut tints. Lowest I found was $300 for the same deal... Thanks for the input.
Their charging you 200$ for a handcut job? wow that low. typically handcut jobs are more.. (like double) woah! 300$ for a laser cut job is ridiculous as well. Man seems like u have a tough choice.. im sure 15% will be good.. I went 30% all the way around. for my application it blocks the sun enough for me, so when I forget my sunglasses im good. As for your, and ur lady, id assume you want possibly 10% but idk ur laws and how dark is to dark for your area.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Low? What are the prices in your area? Im just curious. In Illinois you can have 5% on the back windows and 35% on the front legaly. Im going 10% on front and back windows which is ilegal, but the cops dont bother us too much here. I do need to get my front plate put on but I couldnt let the dealership drill holes in that beautiful front bumper :( .

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL. I apreciate the input Karaitsu.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
I just got my tint done yesterday. 5% all around (7 windows) and it came to $266 with taxes...took them just under an hour with 3 guys.

Heres some pics (will have better ones today since its not raining today)

During the day you cant see anything in the passenger front window but on the driver side you can barely see the stearing wheel.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Low? What are the prices in your area? Im just curious. In Illinois you can have 5% on the back windows and 35% on the front legaly. Im going 10% on front and back windows which is ilegal, but the cops dont bother us too much here. I do need to get my front plate put on but I couldnt let the dealership drill holes in that beautiful front bumper :( .
True, the cops don't bother much with tint in Illinois, but I would re-read the law.

The law requires you maintain no darker than 50% on the fronts if you want to run super dark in back. Otherwise, you can go as low as 30% all around; the law says minimum 35%, but allows for a 5% variance. My tint is technically 32%, which meters at 30%.

What most people don't think about, though, is that you can get away with limo on the rear windscreen regardless of the law because the metering device the police use can't meter it (doesn't fit around the glass).

·
Registered
365 Posts
i plan on getting 10%, best buy does it for like $150 if im not mistaken.
Say What!? Ill have to look that up in our employee news.
I didnt know we started doing tintiing. (I wanna see what quality stuff they use).

Yea low.. A good notorious place around here does a great hand cut job for around 400$ and 4-6 hours later (due to them doing two cars at a time). An Even better one in my area does a Fantastic Laser cut job for around 200-270$ depending on ur car. (which is the place I went to this time around).

Ill share too. 30% all around!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Their charging you 200$ for a handcut job? wow that low. typically handcut jobs are more.. (like double) woah! 300$ for a laser cut job is ridiculous as well.
thats more than me and my friends pay here. we all had 7 windows done for $150 handcut with lifetime warranty. none of us had any problems besides tint scratching cause they didnt install moleskin

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I got 25% on front windows because of local laws and 20% on the rest. Texas requires no darker than 25% on front two windows and no standard on the rest. You can tint up to 5" on the windshield but I think the eyebrow looks stupid.

Anyway, she's pretty hot:

·
Registered
599 Posts
I don't get how you guys don't get rolled for having that dark of tint? They usually roll you for just having tint here.

I do the legal 35% here.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts