Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Looking for some 255/40/18 summer performance tires to slap on my MR BBS wheels. I wanted to go with something a little wider than stock for some extra grip and looks. Right now, my top pick is the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08. If anyone has some insight, reviews or advice about these tires or any other 255/40/18 tires please share.

I am kind of bummed the Hankook RS3s don't come in this size cause I have heard some good things about them and have heard the Ventus V12s don't cut it from a performance standpoint. Let me know what you guys think.

For reference I do plan to track at least 1-2/yr and just want some really good performing tires similar to the stock Yoko Advans. Quiet is a plus, but max grip is a must!

I know there are plenty of tire threads but for this particular tire size not many options are available so looking for some guidance for what's out there. Vendors are also welcome to share deals on this size tires too -PM or Post away.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys thanks for the feedback...only reason I want 255/40s instead of 255/35s is because of the crappy bumpy roads around where I live so a lower profile tire will just make it worse on my wheels and cabin noise...I am on MR BBS stock wheels so 18x8.5...

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So actually been reconsidering the hankook v12s and still pondering if 255/40s will be within ideal range for performance on the stock BBS wheels...keep the feedback coming. I have two weeks to decide before pulling the trigger. Lemme know...thanks again guys.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
255/40, will it NEGATIVELY affect handling or will it IMPROVE it on stock wheels? Same question applies to 255/35 I guess. Looking to get Michelin Pilot SS. Probably just get them in stock size but was wondering (like bigstakk) about different options for stock wheels. I'm on the Enkeis.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Not to jack the thread, but does anyone have these Yok's? I've been looking at the Advan Neova AD08's like the original thread suggested, for my stock wheels, so if anyone has them and can give me some insight into how they handled in wet/dry, road noise, etc, and overall thoughts. I would appreciate that.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I never pulled the trigger on tires because I just don't want to regret my (in)decision...V12s are what I am still leaning towards, but still pondering other options and if I should go with 255/40 or 245/40...also if any vendors want to throw some pricing, I was gonna go with Gruppe-S cause they have pretty good deals on them...but the 255/40s went up in price a little bit since they are out of stock and have to order them...

Thoughts/advice/comments please...I am getting stressed out thinking about these damn tires...my goal is grip but longevity and hopefully wider summer tires...lemme know...

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I finally ordered tires today...I went with Hankook V12's in 255/40s to pair with my BBSs...I will eventually start a new thread with a review so people can hear about my experience in case they are looking to go the same route...thanks for all the input peeps!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.