Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a FYI for the future Evo X buyers or car buyers in general (dealership, used car lot, private owner)! Obviously some might know this info so doesn't really apply for those, but for those who don't.

*You might want to check your tire pressure before or very soon after you roll off the lot with your car. My front driver side tires was up to 51 psi, front passenger was at 45psi, the passenger rear tire was at 35psi and the driver rear tire was at 45psi*

Like I said this is just a FYI!

Thank you and have a nice day! :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
I might try the Nitrogen filled tires with the
EVO X suppose to increase fuel effiecency and offer less tread wear over time...and a little or no leak over time like with Air. ...Yah know what...heres some info on it because I sound like an idiot right now.

http://www.dunntire.com/Services/Nitrogen/

Its a tire company but it answers the questions and shit LOL...SO anyway....I think its a pretty nifty idea...I'll atleast give it a shot and see if there is an improvement.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm not so much worried for the performance aspect of the nitrogen tires as much as I am with consistent inflation and tire wear. I would say I dont drive hard but the fact that my tires are going so fast would indicate otherwise...I need to learn tire management...

I got my squealing tires out of my system by about 19 and so I never intentionally squeal them anymore and I dont really get them squealing in corners once in a while they squeak so I know I'm reaching there limits but thats only on a few occassions. Either way I go through tires fast....

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I usually do 36psi on all fours. 51 psi is high! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.