Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed AMS brake lines last night, have track day tomorrow. I had purchased some titanium shims from Hard Brakes and was going to throw those on too, but am confused as to proper install. Do I still use the OEM backing plate? Or does the titanium shim replace it? It would seem odd to run both, and it seem strange to me the the orig OEM isn't square like the titanium one. Any help out be great. I wasn't going to bother, but its supposed to be 94 degrees tomorrow and I need to get all the cooling help I can get. Thanks

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Good question. I don't know. The titanium shims work well at the track, though

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
if you run into more brake cooling problems, put on some hi-temp hoses, for me i tried everything before i finally found something that actually worked. dont get me wrong, ti shields work well, but if you need more ducts are by far the best solution.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I just realized that the Performance Friction pads I have for front seem to have some bonded shim attached the pads. I'm just gonna hold off for the time being. This is a good excuse to buy those SR43 you guys love so much I guess and install the shims then.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its funny you two both responded...I'm actually using your cars, or what is left of them, as a model for my own. Thanks again, I suppose since Bradze will be leaving us soon, I'll have only orthojoe to look up to from now on.

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
well, some people can understand im not serious about much and dont get all butt hurt from my comments, i might stop in from time to time since i have no life

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, some people can understand im not serious about much and dont get all butt hurt from my comments, i might stop in from time to time since i have no life
That's the spirit

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
And its possible ill return engine parts to stock and take off cooler but I don't know yet. Wife doesn't like me working on my only car

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Bradze will be missed. It's always good to have more 'track rats' on the forum!

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
its on a mustang dyno, they read lower than the dynojet numbers everyone else uses. did ya notice most of those mods aren't giant power mods to fast in a straight line?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but orthojoe how do you have such low horsepower with so many mods? Wow...
This is the problem with the GST dyno that Bryan tunes on. The guy is one the best tuners around, but that dyno reads so damn low, people are always like...??? 2 things: 1) GST dyno 2) 91 octane. The car makes EXACTLY the amount of power one would expect. The exact same setup makes 400whp on a Virtual Dyno, which is exactly what a FP green makes as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts