Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is aimed to anyone who has the single exit Tomei exhaust installed. I love the sound and weight savings of the exhaust, but I hate the way it meets the bumper at such an extreme angle. Is there any way to tweek the bends in the exhaust to make it exit the diffuser straight? Curious about this before I order the exhaust. I know the angle exit is mostly for less backpressure, but I just do not like that look. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sucks, it is probably the best exhaust on the market with that one exception.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, I know a lot of people like that style, it is just not for me. I'm just coming around to the single exit versus dual exit, and thats even purely for the performance gains. I just do not think the muffler fits the diffuser well enough for my taste. Have never seen one in person though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, but would prefer a straight exit blue tip fart can lol.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
only complaint i have about the tomei is it pushed the whole exhaust system up against the passenger side heat shielding. I tried pulling the pipes apart abit to readjust it but no luck. I ended up cutting a piece of heat shielding out so it wouldnt rattle.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good to know, I was looking at a video of it on youtube that showed under the car with it installed. It would be really difficult to bend it into a straight exit, and if you happen to crush a pipe, I'm sure it is not cheap to replace.

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,836 Posts
only complaint i have about the tomei is it pushed the whole exhaust system up against the passenger side heat shielding. I tried pulling the pipes apart abit to readjust it but no luck. I ended up cutting a piece of heat shielding out so it wouldnt rattle.
make sure where the mid pipe meets the test pipe (2 bolt flange) the mid pipe says "this side up" when you have it upside down it hugs the heatshield like you described

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is a local place that has a custom dual exhaust in the show room, full stainless, for a good price but its 4" piping. I feel like that is going to be overkill on a stock motor, and I will lose a lot of low end. Any opinions on this?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats what I was feeling as well. 500WHP would probably be ok, but I feel the stock motor just won't agree with that much piping.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah, but they are more expensive and the factory style, such as the greddy SE, seem like they won't have as much power benefits as an HKS style dual.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.