Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can sound polite and say "inexpensive" but if you're strapped for cash, the most important question when shopping for a new car is: what's the cheapest car on the market? AutoGuide has got the answer, along with the nine runners up.

Arguably the most fun to drive car on the list, the Mazda 2 manages to do so with the least amount of horsepower. A 1.5-liter 4-cylinder makes an even 100-hp although with a 4-speed automatic fuel economy isn't as good as it should be at 28/34-mpg. (28/35-mpg with the standard transmission).

Priced at $14,180 it looks good outside and in and is the brand's first model to come with a brake-override system. What it doesn't have is a great deal of cargo room with 13.3 cu-ft in the rear hatch area, with a total of 27.6 cu-ft with the rear seats folded flat.

Click the link to see the rest of the list.

More: Top 10 Cheapest New Cars You Can Buy on Autoguide.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Autoguide.com
Gone to your link but you forgot to mention two cars which is the cheapest among all the cars mention in your list and they are Tata Nano and Hynda EON.
Tata Nano's price is around Rs 1.28lakhs and EON price is around Rs 2.7 lakhs.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i could do fiesta or sonic that's about it

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
That's funny, my wife drives a Yaris. LOL yea I wouldn't drive any of those either.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi Autoguide.com
Gone to your link but you forgot to mention two cars which is the cheapest among all the cars mention in your list and they are Tata Nano and Hynda EON.
Tata Nano's price is around Rs 1.28lakhs and EON price is around Rs 2.7 lakhs.
I think they mean top cars in America...we don't have TATA here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
my dad wants my mom to get a kia soul for her second car. too far to drive a chevy suburban 75+ miles to and from work everyday unless its winter. i dont know what else is that cheap but still has enough room to put stuff in. High mpg is a must

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Jetta TDI ftw! Paid around 23.5k out the door for a stick shift diesel a couple months ago. Actually a normal sized car and I just got 45mpg on a recent road trip.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A Smart is not a car! If they include a Smart than include a Golf-Cart too, and they are less than $5k :) ...so there is your winner hahahahaha

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm getting a Fit to replace my evo X :/
I've had my fill of speed since I had a tuned turbo cobalt SS before this. Time to get something for long road trips that won't kill my wallet

1 - 20 of 21 Posts