Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What: 2002-Present, it is a very twisted British car review program. They also like to “test” cars, regularly have challenges proposed by themselves or the producers. The staples of the program include: "Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car", "The Cool Wall", "Car News", "Power Laps", and one-off features such as races, competitions. The Stig is their “tame racing driver” who tests each week’s spotlighted car and occasionally participates in challenges. The Stig is anonymous and does not speak and Jeremy always has an entertaining introduction for him.

Who: Jeremy Clarkson, main presenter
Richard Hammond, aka Hamster
James May, aka Captain Slow
The Stig- previously black, now white. :)

Where: Surrey, England. Top Gear is located on an old air base and has a private track while the filming of the show itself occurs in a hangar.

Why: Because it’s fun!!!!

When: Every Sunday evening, except when it is bumped for a billiards tournament. :p

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just to add to that, Top Gear has actually been going in England since 1977!! Jeremy Clarkson joined the show in 1988 and really made the show what it is today. For the record I was born in the same town as Clarkson and his mother has been a customer of mine in the past :shades:

He left the show briefly in the 90's when the BBC wouldn't let him do as he wanted and after ratings fell through the floor he approached the BBC in '99 to pitch the show in its current format. They found Hammond on local radio and May is a classical musician who somehow stumbled across the job after another guy was sacked for being dull.

Just thought Id share that :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to add to that, Top Gear has actually been going in England since 1977!! Jeremy Clarkson joined the show in 1988 and really made the show what it is today. For the record I was born in the same town as Clarkson and his mother has been a customer of mine in the past :shades:

He left the show briefly in the 90's when the BBC wouldn't let him do as he wanted and after ratings fell through the floor he approached the BBC in '99 to pitch the show in its current format. They found Hammond on local radio and May is a classical musician who somehow stumbled across the job after another guy was sacked for being dull.

Just thought Id share that :D
?Another guy was sacked for being dull.....so they brought on May.....seems a little ironic lol

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Top Gear is awesome, I love it and am British myself but live in the states. Jeremy tells the truth about cars he has been slated my manufacturers for skating their so called best cars ever built. He is a no holes barred type of guy. FYI he loves the EVO X

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Richard also goes to my sisters pub in England, he is actually a pretty cool guy to talk with especially about cars. Though he likes Porsche's and I think their gay...lol and he will definately disagree on that.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
May isn't dull.like the other guy, he is just a little slow so he gets picked on regularly which makes for good tv, plus he is very knowledgeable about cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.