10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YUP!

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4843322a1860.html

Controversial Top Gear presenters Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond have pulled the pin on their New Zealand press conference.
The pair were due to front up to the New Zealand press on Thursday morning ahead of a series of live performances of their hit television show in Auckland.
It was to be the media's only chance to talk to the much-loved British presenters, but the event was today cancelled in favour of a "photocall" with no interviews with the pair.
Communications Consultant Paul Blomfield said Clarkson and Hammond were both "exhausted" and were arriving in New Zealand later than anticipated.
The decision comes a week after Clarkson called British Prime Minister Gordon Brown a "one-eyed Scottish idiot" at an Australian press conference being held to promote the Top Gear Live World Tour.
Clarkson told The Australian newspaper: "It's the first time I've ever seen a world leader admit we really are in deep s**t. He genuinely looked terrified. I thought, the poor man, he's actually seen the books.
"In England we have this one-eyed Scottish idiot, the one-eyed Scottish man, he keeps telling us everything's fine and he's saved the world and we know he's lying, but he's smooth at telling us."
Clarkson then put his hand over his mouth and said: "Oh I've said that now ..."
His co-presenter Richard Hammond added: "You've said that out loud as well."
Clarkson later apologised for the statement, saying: "In the heat of the moment I made a remark about the Prime Minister's personal appearance for which, upon reflection, I apologise."
Blomfield said presenters' schedules were in a constant state of revision and subject to change.
"A delay in filming in Australia has meant that Hammond is arriving here later then anticipated. His late arrival has put rehearsals back a day," he said.
"Richard and Jeremy are both exhausted after a very extensive tour. As they are both arriving at different times, later then planned, they are taking the opportunity not to talk to press at this time."
They would not be available to answer questions from the media, he said.
Mr Blomfield said he could not comment on whether the cancellation was connected with Clarkson’s comments to Australian media last week.
The Top Gear Live World Tour will perform five live tour dates at the ASB Showgrounds in Auckland between February 12-15.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
190 Posts
We need a Top Gear show over here...too many SUV's and trucks hogging all the air time

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Check with your cable company, I have comcast and get a few episodes of Top Gear on demand... It's better than nothing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts