Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been on the forums for a while but never posted a write up. So..here goes!

This is my mini tow hook install, all pics below. So this all happened at SpeedCircuit shop, many thanks for the help/install! Someone on the forums has done something like this, and yes this still requires you to remove the front bumper. In the pics below you will see the bumper removed, and the holes marked out where a hole would drilled out in order to install the plate holder. Also thanks to Rho-Plate which makes these, they fit on pretty well. So I marked out a hole in the front and on top of the beam there, and dry fitted the plate holder and nut which was an M12x1.5. Once everything was tightened down and buttoned back up. I installed the plate, and its super easy to install/remove if thats something you were wondering about. So far it works, has been on for a couple weeks and everything about it is perfect so I would give it a thumbs up. If anyone would be interested in something like this SpeedCircuit might make a group buy on these. Thoughts/interests anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Pretty interesting.
I have never run a front plate and have received (1) ticket several years ago. Not a huge problem in my small town but now that i'm running a test pipe it would be nice to put one on when i go to the city.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Nice i had the same on my turbo rx8 by a company rho plate sucks you have to go through all this just to comply with the law without punching holes in the bumper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App

·
Vendor
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool! I'd rather do this and have the ability to take it off than put holes in my bumper! How much are we talking here for the whole package?
It is definitively a good alternative! And it depends, all that hasnt been worked out yet. Stay tuned!

Nice i had the same on my turbo rx8 by a company rho plate sucks you have to go through all this just to comply with the law without punching holes in the bumper.
It truly does suck, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

where did u buy it and how to install?
I got it from Rho Plate, they are based out of Canada. And I wrote up a mini install on the first post, but basically where your tow hook would be... drill a hole and install.

So far I count maybe 2 people interested?

·
Registered
190 Posts
So i am assuming you have to make a hole in the crash beam for this? how does it mount to it?

·
Vendor
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, we will try to get the lowest price on these!

And yes, you have to make a hole, and it mounts with a nut on the back. If you want, you can Drill and Tap it, and just screw it on to make it simple to remove the whole assembly, but you can only get maybe 2-3 threads in since the beam is so thin. So I would go with a nut, go the over-achiever way and weld a thicker piece of aluminum to it so you can make it a good threaded hole.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.