Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help. Can’t decide which turbo to go with. I’m trying to make anywhere between 450 and 550whp. Anyone with any experience which these turbos, feel free to give your input such as power you’re making, the quality, reliability, how long you’ve had it etc...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a G spec and know a few people with TPC turbos. TPC turbos are brand new with their own custom housing. They aren't rebuilt turbos like robbins. I've seen a lot of robbin turbos blow up and get sent to TPC for rebuild. G spec will make ~550 with cams on a stock motor. Their GT spec is making 600whp. It's questionable if robbins even balances the turbos. TPC will send a balance sheet with every turbo.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have one of Chris's "Red Spec" builds and will be bolting it and all the supporting mods on over this Winter. It took a few weeks to have my build turned around but what I got looks top notch and Chris was always responsive throughout the process.
Per his email when I asked about balancing: "The builds are balanced on a Turbo Technics high speed vsr balancing machine."

I didn't get a balance sheet but I suppose I didn't worry enough to ask for one. Given the size of his operation and the cost of the balancing machine, I'm guessing he sends the unit out to be balanced, which is part of the longer lead time.

I think you'd be fine with either setup as both should flow enough air to get you to 500hp

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a G spec and know a few people with TPC turbos. TPC turbos are brand new with their own custom housing. They aren't rebuilt turbos like robbins. I've seen a lot of robbin turbos blow up and get sent to TPC for rebuild. G spec will make ~550 with cams on a stock motor. Their GT spec is making 600whp. It's questionable if robbins even balances the turbos. TPC will send a balance sheet with every turbo.
How do you like it so far?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one of Chris's "Red Spec" builds and will be bolting it and all the supporting mods on over this Winter. It took a few weeks to have my build turned around but what I got looks top notch and Chris was always responsive throughout the process.
Per his email when I asked about balancing: "The builds are balanced on a Turbo Technics high speed vsr balancing machine."

I didn't get a balance sheet but I suppose I didn't worry enough to ask for one. Given the size of his operation and the cost of the balancing machine, I'm guessing he sends the unit out to be balanced, which is part of the longer lead time.

I think you'd be fine with either setup as both should flow enough air to get you to 500hp
Have you installed it yet? just wondering how it turned out

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm afraid it's going to be a while. I've been working on the X a few hours each weekend but it's going to be an all-winter project. Trans is out for a clutch upgrade. I have all the fueling mods on their way. Manifold-Turbo-Downpipe-HFC is next up since I have more space to get at all of it with the trans out! Probably 4-5 more weekends and then a tuning appointment! Hopefully by the time we get thawed out up here in MI I'll have had it on the dyno and ready for fair weather fun!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi i just install the R spec from TPC on fbo and S1 cam. Got it tune at 25 psi with 94. Since i got etune i didnt get any number but still it pull way harder. Ill go do some 1/4 pass to see whats my trap speed and ler you know guys.

Some time i ask myself why i didnt go with the GT spec since theres no lag issue with the R for daily.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
And that sounds really exciting. I ended up going with the Garrett 3576R for my build. The block should be coming back in about a week and kozmic is going to reassemble it. But it'll probably be another month before I finished break in and get to do any WOTs. I'd love to know what your track times end up being. Let me know if you get a chance to get it onto a dino. I'd love to know what those numbers look like. Particularly the torque curve.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are either of these units ball bearing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts