Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've tried telling her. She's my girlfriend. She doesn't listen to anything I say. Lol she just sees me running faster than everyone on slicks and wants the stickiest tire. These tire get greasy after 15 minutes so it should teach her something. I bought her a 200 treadwear tire for he second set and she swears she's not as fast as the first set lol. If it was up to me I'd have her in a Miata on street tires

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Tell her it's not about being fast, it's about being smooth and being a good driver.

Tell her she'll be faster on worse tires when she becomes a better driver than she will be on slicks as a driver at her current level.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ambit's "Flow Formed" wheels begin their lives as shitty old Gravity Cast wheels. Industry standard is to first make a pressure cast "blank" then Flow Form it on the rotary tool. Further more, Ambit is faking their JWL / VIA certification. I have 30 emails worth of correspondence, ending in them admitting this last night.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Xxr 527 size 18x9.75 +22 with 245 40 hankook rs3 tires. Front is lowered a bit to match the height on the rear on ohlins road and track. 255 35 rs3 is coming in the mail.
Did open track earlier this year and the wheels were solid, no vibrations or any problems at all. Next open track will be July.
For $600 a set, you can't beat xxr. They also have the new xxr 550 but a bit heavier than the 527. 527 is 22 lbs / wheel, I think the 550 is close to 25 lbs.
Enkie rpf1 is also a good choice if you want to pay $1500/set, I think they are 18lbs/wheel.

I love this, $1500 is it true~!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts