Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Siyah isn't the z4 m coupe better than the z3? that's what I'd expect, same inline 6 as the m3.
Yes u r right . The Z4 M Coupe is the better balanced an handling car in stock form. But the old Z3 version (I had a 2002 model with the S54 engine) is more exciting and scary in some way. The rear end will try to overtake the front in almost any sharp driven corner. This car was a beast, crazy driving dynamics but very rewarding once u learn to tame it. It made me a better driver. A suspension mod was a must do thing on this car otherwise it was a unacceptable on a track. I remember the first moment I hit it hard after leaving the dealership at the traffic light, wondering "why am I looking at the sky" . The car would squad and dive so bad instock form it took me less than 4 days after ownership that I ordered by coilovers. Anyway all in the past now. Go Evo :)
Ditsy

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Have to admit i prefer the Sedans rear to the coupe'd M3.

Nice.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Beautiful car!

Which reminds me... Sold my Evo X 3 weeks ago and this week being delivered will be the '08 E92 AW M3 I just bought! Woo!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
wow what year is this? my brother has the same thing. 2008 except his has 15% tints, 20inch rims, AFE stage III intake, active autowerks axleback and Xpipe. gorgeous car btw

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Beautiful car!

Which reminds me... Sold my Evo X 3 weeks ago and this week being delivered will be the '08 E92 AW M3 I just bought! Woo!
Wow nice! I'm on m3post, same name. Let me know how you like it!

wow what year is this? my brother has the same thing. 2008 except his has 15% tints, 20inch rims, AFE stage III intake, active autowerks axleback and Xpipe. gorgeous car btw
Mine's an 08 model too. I got it pre-owned from the dealer. So far no mods besides LED angel eyes. Everything is damn expensive!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
oh you dont have to tell me that. my brother and i knows first hand how expensive things are. i am gonna do the led angel eye mod for him too. parts on a 2008 bmw m3 sedan cost well over an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Beautiful car for sure, different kind of a monster than the evo needless to say.

A friend of mine a long wrx driver (06 wrx wagon, stage 2), decided to go with the V8 power. Kinda is growing on me as well, especially being in AR where the motto is "the bigger the better". Who knows, in 2 years my plan is to get a used 2012 GTR but might instead got for a supercharged v8... Never had a chance of driving a RWD v8 monster for a long time period, might change that.

What made you go with m3 instead of perhaps a zo6? Well, minus the 4 doors and "more" use to it than a vett as both are not as multi purpose as an EVO when it comes to weather and DD availability.

·
Registered
83 Posts
damn thats a sexy car

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
What made you go with m3 instead of perhaps a zo6? Well, minus the 4 doors and "more" use to it than a vett as both are not as multi purpose as an EVO when it comes to weather and DD availability.
My friend has a C6 Z06 and it is a very fast car. Much faster than the M3. My big complaint about the Evo is that it wasn't very DD friendly. Always a rough ride and it was loud at 80mph on the highway with a lot of road and engine noise. I like the quiet ride, refined interior and the practicality of 4 doors otherwise I would like the Corvette. It never snows here so I don't need the all-weather ability.

Loving the pics, sedan def. has the better rear imo. The '12 headlights are awesome, try to nab those lol.
I like the sedan, it has a more muscular bulldog look than the coupe's sleek curvy lines.

The M3 has the same headlights from 08-12. They updated the regular coupe headlights, a new bumper and hood on the 11-12 3-series. The M3 uses a different bumper and hood so the new headlights can't be put on.

·
Registered
817 Posts
My friend has a C6 Z06 and it is a very fast car. Much faster than the M3. My big complaint about the Evo is that it wasn't very DD friendly. Always a rough ride and it was loud at 80mph on the highway with a lot of road and engine noise. I like the quiet ride, refined interior and the practicality of 4 doors otherwise I would like the Corvette. It never snows here so I don't need the all-weather ability.

I like the sedan, it has a more muscular bulldog look than the coupe's sleek curvy lines.

The M3 has the same headlights from 08-12. They updated the regular coupe headlights, a new bumper and hood on the 11-12 3-series. The M3 uses a different bumper and hood so the new headlights can't be put on.
I can understand the point now, good call. For the price and all, it is a better DD you could say. I have the MR Touring (most sound deadening in all of evo models) but with the ETS v2 it is loud at highway speeds, M3 wouldnt be any different with the ETS v2 though. German engineering and comfort is def. better than asian if you ask me but I grew up with Germans cars, I love them all.

Congratz on your M3 man, hopefully you will enjoy it like you enjoyed your evo !

81 - 100 of 130 Posts