Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I am thinking about trading in my 08 MR for a 2012 MR. They quoted my car at around $25k. I owe $19k on the car still, so I would get a $6 back to put down on the new one. They quoted the MR fully loaded at $45ish with taxes and everything.. Is this a good price? What would you guys advice?
My car has 31k miles on it and I would like to get rid of it before or a little after warranty is gone. Car is all stock except for rims.
Thanks in advance.

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
since you dont have many mods id say keep what you have, the newer car isn't too much different. but i'm pretty foolish with money so do what makes you happy.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Hi guys,
I am thinking about trading in my 08 MR for a 2012 MR. They quoted my car at around $25k. I owe $19k on the car still, so I would get a $6 back to put down on the new one. They quoted the MR fully loaded at $45ish with taxes and everything.. Is this a good price? What would you guys advice?
My car has 31k miles on it and I would like to get rid of it before or a little after warranty is gone. Car is all stock except for rims.
Thanks in advance.
I looked into doing the same thing a few months ago. $45k seems a little high with taxes and everything. A loaded MR has an MSRP of $44k I think. You should still be getting invoice at worst. I'd also try to sell the car privately, but depends on how much of a hassle you want. I got an extra $2k or so by selling my car privately.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I looked into doing the same thing a few months ago. $45k seems a little high with taxes and everything. A loaded MR has an MSRP of $44k I think. You should still be getting invoice at worst. I'd also try to sell the car privately, but depends on how much of a hassle you want. I got an extra $2k or so by selling my car privately.
Quoted for truth.

I got my MR Touring (fully loaded) for 44k. Assuming the 2012 mr you are talking about has the touring package and navi and everything. If not, walk away...

I am selling mine right now and will most likely be sold this week. I asked for 6k extra as that was going to complete my power/suspension mods for the GTR but I wont be getting what I am asking for. Oh well, getting bone stock GTR is still a shit ton of faster than the evo LOL.

5,221 Posts
It still blows my mind when I see Evos over 40k now...

I know why, I just still can't grasp it. I bought my 05 Evo MR for 31k OTD. People where buying 03 GSR's for 26-28k.

That said, I'll probably end up getting a Evo 10 MR in the next year or so... just going to sting...

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I am selling mine right now and will most likely be sold this week. I asked for 6k extra as that was going to complete my power/suspension mods for the GTR but I wont be getting what I am asking for. Oh well, getting bone stock GTR is still a shit ton of faster than the evo LOL.
I'll be joining that club too:thumbup:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just curious, why do you want the 12? Just cause it has some options you wish you had gotten before?
first the warranty is gonna be up in a few K miles, secondly I just like to have a new car. also, sunroof and full leather with heated seats are nice. but it is mainly to have piece of mind of having the warranty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just an FYI for those who are saying sell the car to get more.

In many states (I'm in Ohio), you only end up paying sales tax on the difference between the trade-in and the purchase price. With them offering the OP $25k, that's $1700 dollars saved (6.75% sales tax here). So the OP would have to get more than 26,700 plus deal with a private party.

And dang-it, I was trying to save my first post on a "Hey I got my first Evo" post (which will be tonight). lol

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Just an FYI for those who are saying sell the car to get more.

In many states (I'm in Ohio), you only end up paying sales tax on the difference between the trade-in and the purchase price. With them offering the OP $25k, that's $1700 dollars saved (6.75% sales tax here). So the OP would have to get more than 26,700 plus deal with a private party.

And dang-it, I was trying to save my first post on a "Hey I got my first Evo" post (which will be tonight). lol
Good point, didn't realize that. I haven't bought a new vehicle yet, so it made sense for me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It still blows my mind when I see Evos over 40k now...

I know why, I just still can't grasp it. I bought my 05 Evo MR for 31k OTD. People where buying 03 GSR's for 26-28k.

That said, I'll probably end up getting a Evo 10 MR in the next year or so... just going to sting...
Yeah...crazy...I don't even think an Evo isn't worth 40K...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.