Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ring and pinion pooped the bed. Im noticing that no one really offers options for replacements with these.. Therefore, im in the market for a new/used T case. After some searching im not finding much there either. Any merchants or vendors any of you guys know or recomend that could help out?

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Ring and pinion pooped the bed. Im noticing that no one really offers options for replacements with these.. Therefore, im in the market for a new/used T case. After some searching im not finding much there either. Any merchants or vendors any of you guys know or recomend that could help out?
Sheptrans will most likely be able to rebuild for less

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
i thought this was going to be about you getting one fixed... not it breaking

but call Shep, check their website

·
Registered
701 Posts
Check out Jack's Trans

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
No one makes a ring and pinion upgrade yet. $1500 for a used one on ebay, but I would suggest anyone buying used send the unit to Jacks, Sheps, etc. before so they can check it out and make sure idiot owner #1 didn't launch the shit out of it before you got it.

$250-500 in labor to R&R + alignment. Dealer will charge 3x.

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
check me out im a tranny. OT, fuck the dealer...mofo's wanna charge 900 for a damn SST tranny flush and swap the filter.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was contemplating buying a used... Even though it would be running the same risk as my own. Do any of you guys know someone who's gone through Shep for this exact job?

·
Registered
548 Posts
just got my tcase warrantied by my dealer:rock:

·
[Detailing Moderator], [Local Team Mod], [Bone Clo
21,479 Posts
I would definitely pick up a used one for a fraction of dealer cost, send it to shep or jacks (give them a call, don't go by websites alone, and talk to them about it and see what they can do) and have them inspect/repair it as best they can. Well, find out what they can offer, then get quotes, and see if it adds up to the same amount as just buying a new one and having the labor done to install it. Could get close. lol

But worth it if either one has upgrade options.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even Shep said to get a new or used one. Nothing he can do once the ring and pinion i gone. He does have a few upgrades to help reinforce the case, but nothing bulletproof. Comes down the fluids..

·
Registered
548 Posts
What failed on yours?
NOt sure dealer wouldnt really say but go to Route 46 mitsubishi in totowa Nj speak to Mike Ko he might be able to get it warrantied for you. I didnt take off any of the mods in my sig and it was still warrantied. The entire transfer case was replaced for free. I have 10k on my car and im on stock clutch I think thats what saved me.

·
Registered
548 Posts
You should at least try and get it warrantied first they looked at my car before they did anything to see if they would be able to cover it they do that for free its worth a shot.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You should at least try and get it warrantied first they looked at my car before they did anything to see if they would be able to cover it they do that for free its worth a shot.

My car unfortunately is already in pieces. In talking with my local Mitsu dealer they wont do anything because it was already taken apart by someone outside of them..

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shep has a used T case for me... Only 1,800 miles on it. Couldnt ask for much else! Virtually brand new, and they're giving it the Shep treatment.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ring n pinion was toast. Bought a used 1 a month or so ago. Shipped it to Shep, he said it wasnt up to par.. Got my money back, then was about to buy a new one from Shep. Called and turned out he just got one in

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,070 Posts
well that's awesome

wonder how he got a used one with 1800 miles on it? someone total the car that quickly?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts