Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Transfer case rebuild parts

16K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  HappyMint 
#1 ·
I have had a whine from my transfer box for approx a year now. We decided to strip the case and found this.

A few traders in the UK and I have tried many places world wide and failed in sourcing crown wheel and pinions. We have been told that parts are simply not made for rebuilding the Evo X transfer case.

Are there any parts like this available in the US or is a case of tough luck and get a new one?

Many thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Doesn't Shep or Jack's rebuild Evo X transfer cases? I'm on my 2nd one now (0 launches on this one), but have a nice 100lb door weight in my garage I'd like to get bullet proof. Someone out there HAS to have a built T-case. If so, chime in with who did it and how much.

#4 ·
Contact Sheptrans in Ohio or Jack's transmissions in Colorado and ask them if there is something they can do for you. They do not have anything advertised IIRC, but doesn't mean they cannot/will not do it. Good luck mate!

#8 ·
They did say that they could do work to it if I wanted, but that I was unnecessary, so im sure they can help. I dont know anything about the actual cause im just repeating things.

#9 ·
Really sorry for not replying to this thread. I thought I would have got a thread reply notification. Apologies.

I spoke to Shep trans etc at the time and they said no one makes these parts for rebuilding as of yet. He also said that he has seen a few like this and it was due to wrong fluids.

Anyway, My tuner in the UK went around a car show asking many stands if they had a spare second hand transfer box and managed to track one down. We got one that had been removed as a car was being converted, Only had 2,000 miles on it so the car is all sorted and back on the road. :D
I've still got the damaged one so if anyone does make parts in the future, I can get it rebuilt.

#18 ·
Drove on the whine for a year and thats the damage. Makes me wish I had waited with whine and just rode it out for a while...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.