Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lright so ive watched every vid, and looked at every write up i could find on the removal of a transfer case. Im removing the engine and im down to just the block, tranny and transfer case (this originally wasnt going to be a full motor pull) everything else has been disconnected. I have watched one vid of the removal of everything with the transfer case still attached to the drive train and ive saw others where it was still connected to the tranny and the tailend was removed. So far i have both axles removed along with the shafts that require a slide hammer, all 6 bolts connecting it to the transmission, throw out bearing is disengaged, and trans mount unbolted and i cannot get it to separate for nothing. Is there somethin im missin here?

·
Registered
826 Posts
It may just be wedged in there. The only things holding the transfer case to the trans are the 6 bolts.

Remember it is machined with quite a close fit tolerance to the transmission, so it might be a little funky to pop loose. It is also sealed by two large o-rings, which in themselves can sometimes "glue" themselves to their mating surface. You might have success by attaching a small hook/strap to a bolt or two that hold the ACD components to the side of the t-case. If you are sure you have EVERY bolt that holds it to the transfer case, you can use a slide hammer and gently tap the t-case off the trans using this method.

Mine basically fell off, but still required slight persuasion then it just popped out. Getting it removed by pulling it as straight as possible is the big ticket here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts