Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I own a 2014 X MR SST with 40,000KMs on the clock. Lately i have been experiencing a transmission service required warning light that only ever comes on in 2nd gear and only when driving in S-Sport. After about a minute it just disappears and the car drives normally.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Appreciate the help in advance.

Cheers

·
Registered
EVO 9 2.2 stock turbo 60-130 8.2 sec
52 Posts
take a photo of the error on the dashboard or error codes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, hoping to piggyback on the original post, as I'm experiencing Transmission issues similar to. I have a 2013 Ralliart with 86,000 km, which has the Transmission Service Message flashing. Has been to the dealer which was a waste of time. They found code P0716, and no other code. The symptoms I'm seeing are: in Sport mode, reverse and odd gears do not engage. Odd numbered gears do not even appear on the gear display. In Normal mode, Reverse just flashed doesn't engage, and the odd numbered gears do not even appear let alone engage.

·
Registered
EVO 9 2.2 stock turbo 60-130 8.2 sec
52 Posts
Hi, hoping to piggyback on the original post, as I'm experiencing Transmission issues similar to. I have a 2013 Ralliart with 86,000 km, which has the Transmission Service Message flashing. Has been to the dealer which was a waste of time. They found code P0716, and no other code. The symptoms I'm seeing are: in Sport mode, reverse and odd gears do not engage. Odd numbered gears do not even appear on the gear display. In Normal mode, Reverse just flashed doesn't engage, and the odd numbered gears do not even appear let alone engage.
these are the problems with the magnets on the shift forks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey, I've been getting the trans service light on my dash as well. I have a 2011 with about 45,000 miles on it. It only pops up for a few seconds and goes away and now that you mention it it may only be happen when I change to second gear, it's also only something I notice while in S-Sport. Every time it happens though the car feels normal. I don't see any error codes when the message pops up, no check engine light appears. I am needing to do a trans fluid change, my last one was about 25,000 miles ago. I was hoping this may help, that and possibly a tune-in of the trans.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi-jacking as well. Having the same exact issue as OP. 2010 MR with 55k mi. Just did full fluid flush and filter, and still have the same issue. How does one go about finding these codes? It clears quickly on its own at times or when the car is turned off. No mechanical issues to accompany the error.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts