Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really stumped here. Car is a 2010 MR with 55580005 ROM i.d. which was not the original ROM but was flashed before I got it using the file from Golden's site I believe.

Mode 23 is enabled, at least I've gone through the procedure to enable it even though I believe it was already there in Golden's file.

The ROM information lists "internal i.d." as 55580005, but has no line called "inherits" as I've seen most others have.

Rommetadata points to the directory containing the ROM's including 55580005: C: WINDOWS/ PROGRAM FILES/ OPENECU / ECUFLASH / ROMMETADATA / MITSUBISHI / EVO. Originally it pointed to another directory outside of OpenECU.

When connected to Evoscan, I get the connection validation but virtually all parameters chosen read invalid values. Coolant temp constantly jumps between 94 and 103 deg F. RPM always reads 0 for example. Values are being displayed, but it's like the wrong definition is being read by Evoscan vs what's programmed into the ECU. It's like I need to tell Evoscan to use the 55580005 ROM definition. I hope it's not that easy, I've watched the tutorial videos and read every thread I could find and have not seen a step such as this mentioned. TIA.

Todd

·
Registered
653 Posts
A quick clarification of the different concepts here... you have:

- The ROM Image itself.
- The XML defs used to review tables in the ROM image via EcuFlash
- The RAM addresses used to log data in EvoScan

> flashed before I got it using the file from Golden's site I believe.
Golden's site is not for actual ROM Images - only for XML defs used to review/edit ROM data.
> Mode 23 is enabled, at least I've gone through the procedure
> to enable it even though I believe it was already there in Golden's file.
It doesn't matter to your ROM Image whether the XML defs have mode23 items in it or not... until you use EcuFlash to review/edit your ROM Image. Just untangling concepts here. :)

> The ROM information lists "internal i.d." as 55580005,
> but has no line called "inherits" as I've seen most others have.

That's correct. Not an issue.

> it's like the wrong definition is being read by Evoscan vs. what's programmed into the ECU.

Yes, that's exactly it.

> It's like I need to tell Evoscan to use the 55580005 ROM definition.

Yes, but note that it's not related to the XML defs used by EcuFlash. You need to change to a different logging address profile in EvoScan - there's a pull-down menu that lets you flip between them.

Each ROM has its working variables stored in different places. You simply need to get EvoScan to look in the right places... for your particular ROM.

Hope this helps... and sorry for the old-school ">" formatting - I mucked up my quoted response format, and was then pressed for time to finish. ;)

Rich

·
Registered
186 Posts
For EvoX the requestid field in evoscan corresponds to the mode23 ram address, have you got the correct vehicle selected in the dropdown in evoscan. theres only 5 mode23 variants in EvoScan, just try them all. and in USA theres even less. If it doesn't work, use the forum search feature, this has all been discussed before with answers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips, I was making it out to be way too complicated than it actually was. The last three all seem to work, Mode23 2010 USA RA, EVOX CAN MUTIII, and CAN OBDII.

Todd

·
Registered
666 Posts
No worries, I'm sure many people will follow in your foot steps and read this thread, and go ah-ha, so thats how it works. Have fun logging... ;)
I hate to bring back an old thread but...Im getting my ass kicked trying to log and use virtual dyno (EvoScan 2.9). Seems like *most* items logged are correct but VD keeps telling me I have 1100 hp/2200 tq. Although it looks good, definately not the case! Im gonna try what was said and see if that helps.

·
Registered
367 Posts
have you tried changing the gear used to 3rd or 4th in VirtualDyno? I know when I get readings showing stuff like 600HP, I need to change it from 4th to 3rd gear to get the correct reading.

·
Registered
666 Posts
It is set to 3rd. And I switched to Mode 23 2010 USA MR

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
666 Posts
Still doesn't work right

Sent from my iPhone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts