Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I went to get an alignment today and the techs told me that all they could get for the Front Right camber was -1.6. They said that it cant be adjusted but I told them that it could be, so I asked them to switch the camber bolt. They said that wouldn't work and said that -1.6 was the best they could do.

Oddly, the driver's side could be adjusted back to -1.

After getting home, I took off my front right wheel to see the orientation of the bolt but I am confused as to the proper directionality. Could you guys please tell me which way the bolt needs to face to add positive camber so I can go back and get aligned to stock specifications?

Also, I am on stock springs but have the whiteline RCK on because I was previously lowered on eibachs. Should this cause the camber issue?

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
The only remaining option other than drilling the shit out of the struts or adding slide plates would be to do what we call a live cradle adjustment. I had to do this to my car. You loosen the cradle a bit, and physically shift it in the direction needed to even out the camber. This doesn't allow for individual adjustment, but if one side is too far negative or positive, the surplus can be moved to the opposite side.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
If that ^ doesn't work try getting some H&R front camber bolts and see if you can adjust your front camber better with them. Got mine from Perrin for $50 and I am happy with them as they allow me to increase/decrease the front camber by 3* compared to stock bolts 2* and they are also 14mm vs stock 12mm (sounds like an infomercial lol -I know). Might be worth it to also try going to a race shop that does performance alignments and are more familiar with the X as not all alignment shops are familiar with adjustable camber bolts.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
the head of the bolt should have a little arrow on it that will face either inboard or outboard. I believe you want the arrow pointing outboard for the most negative camber, and inboard for less negative camber or positive camber.

Why are you wanting positive camber in the first place? Outside of the tires not wearing quickly enough?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I finally figured it out, thanks guys. Initially I thought that that #1 and #2 references in the above pictures had to be switched, so that the pointy part #1 faced the rear and the flatter part #2 faced the front (boy was that WRONG). I made it a lot harder than need be. My bolts have a red dot instead of an arrow and once I rotated it so the dot was inward, my camber went back to -1!!!

I wanted to go back to stock specifications because I will be DD my car mostly now that I will be going to school and wont have time to go to any track events. I just wanted to maximize my tires since I wont have much extra cash to spend on buying new tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts