Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to hit 600whp on a sleeved 2.0. I will be running e85.

Dynojet numbers

I'm looking at a full bolt on atp gtx3576r gen2 .94ar 3"

With full boltons and built 2.0 should this do 600?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I have that turbo and hit 500whp on a mustang dyno. So I see the o reason why you couldn't see 600 on a dynojet

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
You should be able to hit it for sure. I've seen that turbo at low 600s around 31-32psi of boost. If you have cams, it will be even easier. I hit ~620 on a TPC G Spec which uses a 3576 wheel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So i plan on getting a block from ar-fab. Darton sleeves, Manley turbo tuff with 625+ bolts. Arp 625+ head studs, arp main studs, acl bearings, weisco 86mm pistons.

Complete refreshed head, gcs beehive with ti retainers, all new valves and a gsc 2b cam.

I’m hoping that should handle 600+ with ease

Not sure i want to rev much further than stock and not sure i want to push it with a huge amount of boost either. Hoping 30 would be good

·
Registered
440 Posts
As others have said. yes you can make 600whp on the 3576R. Why waste the money on building the head if you don't want to rev pass the stock limiter? Built the motor and don't want to rock over 30 psi? Come on man.

Reactions: Faheem

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As others have said. yes you can make 600whp on the 3576R. Why waste the money on building the head if you don't want to rev pass the stock limiter? Built the motor and don't want to rock over 30 psi? Come on man.
The goal is to not have to drop another $15k on a motor. I want headroom to make more power when im bored without having to do it 3 more times. Last thing i want is another rod out the side of my block. I cant afford that ever again lol.

I will talk with my tuner and see what his opinion is. I just want a reliable build.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I basically have the same set up but with LA sleeves. And kelfird 214b cams.

It handles 30psi. and a 8500rpm reg limit just fine now.

Although. I would add some aftermarket valves in the mix

Edit. I also have Carrillo rods, and weisco pistons. Just to note that difference

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I basically have the same set up but with LA sleeves. And kelfird 214b cams.

It handles 30psi. and a 8500rpm reg limit just fine now.

Although. I would add some aftermarket valves in the mix

Edit. I also have Carrillo rods, and weisco pistons. Just to note that difference

I believe that the heads will be rebuilt with stock style GSC valves. Not oem

·
Registered
440 Posts
The goal is to not have to drop another $15k on a motor. I want headroom to make more power when im bored without having to do it 3 more times. Last thing i want is another rod out the side of my block. I cant afford that ever again lol.

I will talk with my tuner and see what his opinion is. I just want a reliable build.
Honestly, if you're after reliability then nothing is more reliable than an unopened oem motor. You can keep your stock rev limit and have the car tune to 29.9 psi and still pop your motor if you don't have a good tuner. Speaking of which, who is gonna tune your car anyway?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly, if you're after reliability then nothing is more reliable than an unopened oem motor. You can keep your stock rev limit and have the car tune to 29.9 psi and still pop your motor if you don't have a good tuner. Speaking of which, who is gonna tune your car anyway?
Corbin Johnson. Does most cars in the midwest and is a really good friend of mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts