Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,
I have a stock frame setup and I just upgraded my fuel system to 1300cc dynamic injectors with walbro 450 pump , AMS fuel rail with fuel pressure regulator and a boost lab up to 700hp dual bearing turbo . I’m been looking at the MAP cast manifold but I don’t know if I want the tubular from either MAP or full race . Any ideas ? Which one should I go with ? I want 500 on pump 93 and 600 on e85 . And yes I do have a plastic valve cover but I can always change to a aluminum cover . I need to know what would be the best choice as far as longevity since both are about equal in pricing around $1100

·
Registered
100 Posts
My opinion order a sheepey race manifold. The craftsmanship and quality of his parts are amazing.

Map should be ashamed of themselves, charging 1000 dollars for a manifold that was sold at 450 dollars for literally 4 years.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My opinion order a sheepey race manifold. The craftsmanship and quality of his parts are amazing.

Map should be ashamed of themselves, charging 1000 dollars for a manifold that was sold at 450 dollars for literally 4 years.
I know . I was very tempted to get the sheepy or the full race tubular but idk yet

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dayumn! That manifold shot up in price! For that price I would also go tubular
They are out of their damn minds, very disappointing to see them take a “budget” manifold do absolutely nothing to it and double the price.

Definitely Tubular, in my opinion as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
600bhp or whp?? You're likely going need a lot of supporting mods. You'll see slightly larger gains with a tubular exhaust manifold.
I have the MAP tubular manifold. My oem exhaust manifold cracked so I had a bad exhaust leak causing some issues. Replaced it with this and seen some decent gains going to tubular. Very happy with the quality. Aluminum valve cover is a must but you're gonna need way more than that to reach those goals. Post a list of mods for context, but generally 600whp will involve a very large turbo or a moderately large turbo with a built engine. For the cost of the manifold alone, you should consider a t4 set up which will include the manifold in the turbo kit. It would make more sense with your power goals.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the MAP tubular manifold. My oem exhaust manifold cracked so I had a bad exhaust leak causing some issues. Replaced it with this and seen some decent gains going to tubular. Very happy with the quality. Aluminum valve cover is a must but you're gonna need way more than that to reach those goals. Post a list of mods for context, but generally 600whp will involve a very large turbo or a moderately large turbo with a built engine. For the cost of the manifold alone, you should consider a t4 set up which will include the manifold in the turbo kit. It would make more sense with your power goals. View attachment 287259
Thanks for the insight . I appreciate the tubular picture . I did want to get a ETS turbo kit , but it’s definitely out of my budget . My plan is to get mods leading to my goals and drive it next spring/summer with a tune . I want to enjoy the car building whatever power I make after this tune and then began motor work . I do plan on sleeping it . Build the head . And hopefully by that time I will put myself into debt in getting the ETS turbo kit and possibly making bigger power then my goal power . As of right now these are my current mods :
ETS 4.0 intercooler kit
ETS cold air intake
ETS catted test pipe
ETS catback exhaust v3 4.0 tip
AMS widemouth Downpipe
AMS fuel rail
AEM fuel pressure regulator
Russel Fuel filter
1300cc dynamics injectors
450 walbro pump
Flex fuel kit
3 port grimespees boost controller
EVO-X TD06H-62X Billet Turbocharger from boostlab. This is a dual bearing
And I’m still deciding in manifold . For me I look at this way . After tune up be happy with whatever power I can get out of it . Eventually I will be getting a tubular with the turbo kits out there . But for now , I just want something that will get me close to high powers . So if I must go tubular to reach its peak , I will head towards that way . But also I have now get a aluminum valve cover otherwise the tubular will eat it up . But this is a spring / summer car . So it’s put away now . If I get the tubular it should be fine if I get tubular and have it tune this one time and once next summer comes when I daily drive it , I will have the new cover on before it comes out and play . I feel that the vast investment is a good purchase becusse it will be durable , but it’s a shame that this manifold from map , was at 699 and now jumped to 1000. So it’s like so I spend $200 more for tubular plus tax or do I spend 1050 and get tubular later and hope to get some power out of cast manifold

·
Registered
100 Posts
Everything you’re saying makes sense. We all have this big power goal in the beginning until life smacks us in the ass lol.

My advice, being a daily driver evo 10 owner for 4 years would be just get your supporting bolt ons now. Cast manifold is out of the question, get yourself a nice tubular. Enjoy the sound and looks it delivers as far as power you’ll probably see 2 more horsepower regardless on what manifold you decide on. Also remember you’ll be stuck doing a stock frame turbo deciding this early on your manifold.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Everything you’re saying makes sense. We all have this big power goal in the beginning until life smacks us in the ass lol.

My advice, being a daily driver evo 10 owner for 4 years would be just get your supporting bolt ons now. Cast manifold is out of the question, get yourself a nice tubular. Enjoy the sound and looks it delivers as far as power you’ll probably see 2 more horsepower regardless on what manifold you decide on. Also remember you’ll be stuck doing a stock frame turbo deciding this early on your manifold.

Hope this helps!
Thanks fir the insight . And yes unfortunately stick frame setup for now but not forever lol . Tubular... what would you consider best that will hold for a couple of years . And should I wrap ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sheepey warranty’s his manifolds for 10 years. Wrapping in my opinion is personal preference. I use to do it in the Honda days with everything but haven’t done it much with the X.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Also not knocking the MAP tubular manifold. It’s a work of art, absolutely beautiful. They just lost me as a customer with pulling that shady shit on us guys with family’s trying to build race cars lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also not knocking the MAP tubular manifold. It’s a work of art, absolutely beautiful. They just lost me as a customer with pulling that shady shit on us guys with family’s trying to build race cars lol.
What? I'd consider MAP to be one of the most consistent vendors out there when it comes to quality, turn around time, and cost. I've never had a bad experience with them. They're also quick to communicate.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the insight . I appreciate the tubular picture . I did want to get a ETS turbo kit , but it’s definitely out of my budget . My plan is to get mods leading to my goals and drive it next spring/summer with a tune . I want to enjoy the car building whatever power I make after this tune and then began motor work . I do plan on sleeping it . Build the head . And hopefully by that time I will put myself into debt in getting the ETS turbo kit and possibly making bigger power then my goal power . As of right now these are my current mods :
ETS 4.0 intercooler kit
ETS cold air intake
ETS catted test pipe
ETS catback exhaust v3 4.0 tip
AMS widemouth Downpipe
AMS fuel rail
AEM fuel pressure regulator
Russel Fuel filter
1300cc dynamics injectors
450 walbro pump
Flex fuel kit
3 port grimespees boost controller
EVO-X TD06H-62X Billet Turbocharger from boostlab. This is a dual bearing
And I’m still deciding in manifold . For me I look at this way . After tune up be happy with whatever power I can get out of it . Eventually I will be getting a tubular with the turbo kits out there . But for now , I just want something that will get me close to high powers . So if I must go tubular to reach its peak , I will head towards that way . But also I have now get a aluminum valve cover otherwise the tubular will eat it up . But this is a spring / summer car . So it’s put away now . If I get the tubular it should be fine if I get tubular and have it tune this one time and once next summer comes when I daily drive it , I will have the new cover on before it comes out and play . I feel that the vast investment is a good purchase becusse it will be durable , but it’s a shame that this manifold from map , was at 699 and now jumped to 1000. So it’s like so I spend $200 more for tubular plus tax or do I spend 1050 and get tubular later and hope to get some power out of cast manifold
Dude to be honest, I feel like there's better ways to spend a thousand + dollars. Youre on a stock frame turbo, you're better off spending the money on cams or step up a size in turbos. The stock exhaust manifold is not much of a limiting factor until you start stepping it up in power. Better yet, save your money and wait until you can afford a whole kit. It's really only worth replacing if the stock manifold cracks. You have a long way to go and a lot more money if those are your power goals.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for your insight . I have decided to order the Sheepy manifold . For what it looks and for what I hear , it’s a beast . But I absolutely agree with you all . A lot more money to spend down the road . And yes , my plan is to hit a ETS turbo kit down the road that’s when the motor is built first . As far as MAP, they are great in communication , some products , and turnaround time . They can be pricey but quality stuff . The only thing that I’m a little salty and disappointed in them is in their Cast investment manifold . It use to be $699 and after COVID , prices sky rocketed to $1000 plus tax . That’s a huge jump . Which I get , prices have to go up but for all that , tubular is the way to go .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you all for your insight . I have decided to order the Sheepy manifold . For what it looks and for what I hear , it’s a beast . But I absolutely agree with you all . A lot more money to spend down the road . And yes , my plan is to hit a ETS turbo kit down the road that’s when the motor is built first . As far as MAP, they are great in communication , some products , and turnaround time . They can be pricey but quality stuff . The only thing that I’m a little salty and disappointed in them is in their Cast investment manifold . It use to be $699 and after COVID , prices sky rocketed to $1000 plus tax . That’s a huge jump . Which I get , prices have to go up but for all that , tubular is the way to go .
What happened to your old manifold? Why wouldn't you just spend the money on cams?

·
Registered
100 Posts
What? I'd consider MAP to be one of the most consistent vendors out there when it comes to quality, turn around time, and cost. I've never had a bad experience with them. They're also quick to communicate.
That’s great that you feel that way, then please explain why they’ve raised the price on a stock replacement manifold 550 dollars in the last year? During a pandemic at that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts