Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a tuner in this area to redo my motor just trying to get some quotes don't really know the area well yet.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not sure about in Sac itself, but I've heard good things about Boosted Tuning up in Chico, if you can make the hour and a half drive. I almost went there, if I hadn't gotten in when BakaUnchi came up from SoCal.

Or, if you want to come out to the Bay, FFTEC does tuning in Hayward.

Then again, there's always the option of e-tuning.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I would recommend an E-tune. I personally was unhappy with the tune at FFTEC

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I was talking to some ppl at the last meet ... and there were ppl talking saying that FFtech fails to tune for/with the MiVec ... many of them went somewhere (RRE in SoCal) else and made 30-40hp more with just a better tune...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure about in Sac itself, but I've heard good things about Boosted Tuning up in Chico, if you can make the hour and a half drive. I almost went there, if I hadn't gotten in when BakaUnchi came up from SoCal.

Or, if you want to come out to the Bay, FFTEC does tuning in Hayward.

Then again, there's always the option of e-tuning.
well my motor blew so i mean im willing ti flat bed it to whatever reputable shop within 2 hours range form downtown sac. once i have the money together

·
Registered
687 Posts
So you need the motor installed and a tune, or just the tune? If you need install work done, I would recommend speedelement, prices are much better than fftec.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you need the motor installed and a tune, or just the tune? If you need install work done, I would recommend speedelement, prices are much better than fftec.
yes i need a built bottom end job to be done, installed and tuned. Have you been to speedelement? hows the vibe and hows the customer service there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
pm me i know great people that can do anything build, installs etc.... As far as for tune we have Jon (BakaUnchi) come up here and do our tunes on GST dyno.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like speed element they're good and they always hook me up, but you will be paying much more than having a local guy do it. I know a guy in Sac does nothing but 8/9/X builds, tranny work etc..

yes i need a built bottom end job to be done, installed and tuned. Have you been to speedelement? hows the vibe and hows the customer service there.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I like speed element they're good and they always hook me up, but you will be paying much more than having a local guy do it. I know a guy in Sac does nothing but 8/9/X builds, tranny work etc..
Hoook me up! I need to do some more work soon, and saving money is always nic!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am very interested in a building engine and a tune in Sacramento area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts