Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. i got my car 2 days ago and i just noticed that there is a noise when in low rpms. around 3000+-. could it be going bad? if yes should i just order a fp red or green and have it tuned? give me your knowledge.

·
Registered
206 Posts
take a look at my thread. I am going through some turbo issues myself. If it sounds like what mine is doing its most likely failing. If its a screech it might be loose hose or connection. Have you checked your connections?

what mods are on your car right now? if you are going to go bigger turbo make sure you have supporting fueling system mods

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
do you get it at a dealer? if so take it back to them and let them deal with it. otherwise, take off the intake and check the compressor wheel for any damage. it should spin freely by hand.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Does it sound like a police siren? = could be shaft play:duh:

Or anything like a high pitched screech sound?? = could have a boost leak :confused:

video wold help

·
Registered
186 Posts
you can take off the hose and try to move the end of the compressor wheel up and down, side to side. It should not feel absolutely locked, but if you can feel it move side to side (.010 in) that is not a good sign.

Long time ago I put a new 16g in a GVR4 and it screeched when i first installed it and would not build boost. I freaked out, but tried to put it under boost a couple times under boost. It broke loose and was quiet and spooled well for the rest of its life. I'm not saying this sort of good news would happen to you. Esp. if the car wasn't worked on recently. Could be an oiling issue.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
it stopped doing it now.wth. don't know if it is a boost leak that means I should tightithe hoses?:duh:
could be a leak yes, try just loosening and then adjusting the hoses and clamps if it comes back. Also check the rubber boost pipe on the nipple on the turbo up pipe where the UICP meets the turbo, they have a tendency to develop a hole as it goes soft from the heat from the turbo and manifold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.