Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Had a reputable shop install and tune an ETS 5858 kit on my Evo x. After the tune car drove fine. But on idle, it struggles. Almost dies out and seems to be leaning out. Just on idle though. Tuner said I should try a different gas station. Which is possible even though I filled up at Shell. I also ordered new fuel pump relays. Should have them by the end of the week.

Then, I was under the hood today looking for anything loose or disconnected. The only thing I found was that port 1 of the Cobb boost solenoid wasn’t connected to anything. The hose was just hanging there. I messaged the tuner hoping to see what happened. The ets intake doesn’t have a spot for it. Then I was looking at the Cobb install directions and it seems that the hose configuration on the boost solenoid is completely different for external wastegates. Has anyone had experience with this kit install that can share a little about the boost solenoid configuration? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi everyone. Had a reputable shop install and tune an ETS 5858 kit on my Evo x. After the tune car drove fine. But on idle, it struggles. Almost dies out and seems to be leaning out. Just on idle though. Tuner said I should try a different gas station. Which is possible even though I filled up at Shell. I also ordered new fuel pump relays. Should have them by the end of the week.

Then, I was under the hood today looking for anything loose or disconnected. The only thing I found was that port 1 of the Cobb boost solenoid wasn’t connected to anything. The hose was just hanging there. I messaged the tuner hoping to see what happened. The ets intake doesn’t have a spot for it. Then I was looking at the Cobb install directions and it seems that the hose configuration on the boost solenoid is completely different for external wastegates. Has anyone had experience with this kit install that can share a little about the boost solenoid configuration? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Did you change any fueling components along with the turbo install? Your problem sounds more fueling/tune related.
I wouldn't get too caught up on the 3port since it only comes into play under boost and not idling, and the other 2 vacuum lines are connected to the 3port correctly.

Port1 just recirculates back to intake, and can vent straight to atmosphere.
Port2 runs to waste-gate on turbo.
Port3 runs to boost reference either the turbo itself or a bov.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Upgraded fuel pump and injectors to 1100. I think the fp is a 320. Under throttle it’s fine. Just idle that is choppy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts