Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you all!

I've just bought a 2012 Lancer with a 4B11 n/a engine. This car was recently released in brazilian market in 3 versions: Lancer GT, Lancer CVT and Lancer. We've also have the EVOX and the Sportback Ralliart.

My idea is to add the OEM EVO turbo kit into my car's engine, as I think the parts will be plug-n-play.

Off course, i'll need to tune the car, but it's not a problem for the moment. Now i'm looking for OEM parts with low/minimum use to fit my project.

I'm expecting fast answers trying to advise me to buy directly the EVO, but to those people, and for overall surprise, i'll show the brazilian's Mitsubishi MRSP:

EVOX = U$ 110k
Ralliart = U$ 80k
Lancer GT = U$ 47k
Lancer CVT = U$ 41k
Lancer (manual gearbox) = U$ 36k (my budget only afforded this one)

As I don't have money and sanity to buy one at this price, I'll need your help and support to move forward with this.

I've already had other turbo and performance n/a cars, so doing this it's not difficult to me. My barier is only finding parts, as the EVO X is not a "popular" car in my country and there is nothing to sale on the market.

Thanks in advance.

Weiler

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
There is someone who makes a turbo kit for the lancer, they have a whole package of things you can buy, pretty sure they're a vendor on here. There also should be a thread, I'll see if I can find it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, i have some good news.

My project of going turbo with EVO stock parts started.

The first part I bought was the stock FMIC from Armando. Thanks bro!

I'm also dealing the stock exhaust manifold with another user, but this is not quite done yet.

So, at this moment I'm looking for a stock turbo (used, low mileage).

As long as the project continues, I'll let you know every step.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi you all!

I've just bought a 2012 Lancer with a 4B11 n/a engine. This car was recently released in brazilian market in 3 versions: Lancer GT, Lancer CVT and Lancer. We've also have the EVOX and the Sportback Ralliart.

My idea is to add the OEM EVO turbo kit into my car's engine, as I think the parts will be plug-n-play.

Off course, i'll need to tune the car, but it's not a problem for the moment. Now i'm looking for OEM parts with low/minimum use to fit my project.

I'm expecting fast answers trying to advise me to buy directly the EVO, but to those people, and for overall surprise, i'll show the brazilian's Mitsubishi MRSP:

EVOX = U$ 110k
Ralliart = U$ 80k
Lancer GT = U$ 47k
Lancer CVT = U$ 41k

As I don't have money and sanity to buy one at this price, I'll need your help and support to move forward with this.

I've already had other turbo and performance n/a cars, so doing this it's not difficult to me. My barier is only finding parts, as the EVO X is not a "popular" car in my country and there is nothing to sale on the market.

Thanks in advance.

Weiler
100 grand for a evo??
36 grand for a lancer GT?
:bsflag:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes! The prices i've listed above are in US dollars. In brazilian currency (Reais) you should multiply for 1.85.

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for the YT link....

As far as I know, you're really right. In resume, 4B11T has:
- reinforced pistons/rods
- head with the same profile, but with bigger valves, more flow and different cams
- aluminium intake x plastic (4B11 N/A)
- throttle body is completly different (size, position, construction, electronics)
- oil sump with added holes for turbo oil circulation system
- not to mention gearbox, suspension, 4WD, dashboard, electronics etc...etc...etc.

I'm not trying to build and EVO! I couldn't do that technically and financially speaking.

I'm just trying to get the parts of the turbocharging system that will fit to my engine with very little mods. After doing that, I'll tune my engine to 10-15 psi and be happy.

It won't blow if correctly tuned.

I have not mentioned, but I'm used to tune cars here in my country. I've already build a FIAT Marea Turbo from 182bhp to 432whp, with forged parts. Now I'm finishing a TrackDay car; that is a GM/Opel Kadett 2.4L, naturally aspirated, from 80bhp to 240bhp with ITBs, 312º Cams and Megasquirt ECU.

So, I'm not that noob aswell.

But I'll still need your advices, 'cause you have the car that inspires me. That's why i'm here! :bowlol:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hi you all!

EVOX = U$ 110k
Ralliart = U$ 80k
Lancer GT = U$ 47k
Lancer CVT = U$ 41k

Thanks in advance.

Weiler

WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT?

A 100,000 dollar EVO? an 80,000 dollar Ralliart? HOLY SMOKES BUD.

How much is a Yaris over there?

Car Price Comparison ; USA vs Brazil

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yaris? We don't have this car around here.

But it's pretty simple to know. Just multiply for 3!!! :whipping:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Lmk what you need help with..I have completely this exact build except its on a 2.4L and with a RA Turbo running at 7psi...do not go the RRM way..too much $$. The X turbo's wastegate will open at 11psi so you should be safe...there are 3 key components too this build

1. Recirculate your Bov
2. 3 bar MAP sensor (Get the OEM Evo)
3. MAKE SURE ITS TUNED! w/ X rom.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Also to confirm some of your original questions...it is all plug and play. There is one slight problem you will run into. The NA Lancer uses a plastic intake manifold as compare to the Evo/RA manifold which is metal..The problem you will run into is that the plastic Manifold sits the throttle body up higher..so you will need to have pipe custom bent to fit the LICP..now there is a way around this...and thats buy the actual RA/Evo Intake Mani..with that you will need a new Evo Fuel Rail, and Fuel Pump. Also you are gonna need a completely custom exhaust to match up with the downpipe.

If you are interested not doing the custom pipe and going the metal intake mani..I have an RA Intake Mani and X Fuel Rail for sale that I didnt end up using.

·
Registered
111 Posts
yes evo x in other countries are very expensive. if you go to mitsubishi philippines you'll see the evo x mr is listed at 3,650,000 in philippine peso, if you convert that to US$ it is almost $83,000 US dollars ($1 = 44.09 pesos) plus you have to pay the taxes and other fees.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts