Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did the search but couldn't find what I was looking for...

Is there any power gains from UICP ? Do you need to retune after a UICP uinstall? Seems like some say 8-10HP and other say it is just for throttle response.

If there are power gains to be had, who should I go with? I think I want 1 piece.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
No gains. Improves throttle response or boost onset response.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Plus once you start modding the OEM one will expand and pop off as mine did when you start getting to higher boost levels lol

·
[Local Team Member], aka JDAVID-EVO X
16,650 Posts
Did you get tune already or are you thinkin on do in it?? I think you should get uicp and get tune. You will see there is a gain on power or just wait for a little more mods and get tune ;)

·
Registered
471 Posts
No gains. Improves throttle response or boost onset response.
That covers it.

As to which one to buy ? Since its just a pipe, fitment is the only thing to consider. Excellent piece to buy used. I thought I saw somewhere that APT was selling them for 100 bucks?

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
well, some companies offer just the section coming off the turbo vs. turbo all the way to FMIC as linked to in a perviuos post. The OEM one is bead-rolled, too. I just replaced mine all the way but did not go with too fancy a system. I wanted it to look uniform is why, otherwise I think just that first section would do for a rather stock, not too aggressive set-up like I have.

just remember this: the UICP still comes off the turbo at like 2.5" so while you are changing out that strange metal diameter change, there is still a non-continuous diameter.

·
Registered
471 Posts
well, some companies offer just the section coming off the turbo vs. turbo all the way to FMIC as linked to in a perviuos post. The OEM one is bead-rolled, too. I just replaced mine all the way but did not go with too fancy a system. I wanted it to look uniform is why, otherwise I think just that first section would do for a rather stock, not too aggressive set-up like I have.

just remember this: the UICP still comes off the turbo at like 2.5" so while you are changing out that strange metal diameter change, there is still a non-continuous diameter.

I have the Speed Circuit Hot Pipe which is a partial replacement. From a performance perspective its all that you need unless there are other variables like aesthetics. You make a good point regardless of if you buy a $100 pipe or a $500 pipe they all have taper down to connect to the turbo.

If I needed a pipe, I'd be all over APT.

·
Registered
394 Posts
at 27 psi, stock vs hard hot pipe i noticed a decent difference. spool time was slightly increased but on/off throttle increase was great. definatly a good mod

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i would stick with ETS, seems like you like their stuff...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i couldnt tell a different when i installed mine but i like how it looks. You cant go wrong with the Depo racing 2.5 in UICP for $100 shipped....

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
I installed the Depot Racing UICP. Looks good, fits well, good price. I didn't really notice a difference in performance, but wasn't expecting anything. If you go to the Depot Racing thread I even listed the T bolts that I bought to go with it (~$20).

·
Registered
775 Posts
Are all uicp the same? I ask, because I know injen comes with one when you buy there intake.

And on installing this uicp does the radiator shroud need to be taken off ( the plastic piece in front of the engine bay?)

·
Registered
118 Posts
i did read that youll see some gains. but the gain your getting is just from holding the boost pressure a little better right? i just installed mine 2 days ago and you can feel a difference in throttle response and you might notice youll hold boost better.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.