Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Very recently purchased a 2008 GSR with the SSS package. After purchase I noticed the DRLs were not working. I noticed there was no bulbs installed. After doing some research it seems the factory SSS headlights use 1156 bulbs for the DRLs....however mine have a H11 connector? I don't understand this. These are the factory headlights. The HIDs work just fine, both low and high beam. All the blinkers are OK. The wiring harness looks unmolested. I tried a H11 bulb but I received no light output. Any idea what is going on here? All fuses and relays seem to be OK. Appreciate any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
There's also a fuse for the DRL. I can't remember what it is.

But H11 should be the fog lights. Non-SSS (non HID cars) use a 9005 for the high beam, which would also be in that area.

Are you sure this was an original SSS car? And someone didn't just put the SSS headlights on there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sure, when I do a vin lookup it shows this car came with "discharge headlamps" as an option, as well as the large spoiler and Rockford system. I am very confused on the connector, it makes no sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts