Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I guess I'll finally say whats up and stop all my lurk-searching. Recently picked up an Evo back in late November. So far, so good.

I've only tinted the windows. Can't deal with people being able to see me clear as day through all 4 windows.

By hammz254 at 2012-01-02

Off to a pretty good start with her. My new years resolution was a simple one that I know I'll keep... make more power. So I ordered a few parts.

Perrin Intercooler Piping (For all those extra ponies :jk:)
AEM Intake
AMS Widemouth Downpipe
ETS High Flow Cat w/ wideband bung
GS 3 port boost controller
Rally Armor (Because fuck paint chips)

Gonna install a couple parts and then schedule an appointment for the rest and a dyno tune up at CBRD (I'm in Maryland). No big plans for suspension, just springs. Had the Z dumped and didn't necessarily enjoy the complimentary exhaust scrapes, speed bump zig-zags and near death-of-underbody experiences.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
nice upgrade..lol. What % are on your windows, hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like 5% all around. Which is what i got, I too hate being seen by other people, plus the sun pisses me off when it comes through.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're only 20%. It def looks like 5% in this pic but during the day you can see through them just a tad.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
same spoiler that comes on the gsr's without the sss package...looks the same as mine...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah, it's oem. I pretty sure I'm gonna get rid of it sometime. Not sure what I wanna put back there.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
oh i see. thnx. i thought people actually switch them. didnt know those where the GSR non SSS spoiler.
i really like the SSS higher rise spoiler.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, yeah I misread what wicked said. Its def the same as Snakes.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
yea im trying to find someone that is selling their sss high rise, looks alot better then the low rise. How do u like the evo so far compaired to the 350z? I had a 370z and the evo is so much better imo.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like it a lot.
They're really too different too compare though. The Z was a lot of fun around the corners cuz you can get that ass lose. The Evo hugs the shit out of the road and when you gas it, it fucking PULLS you through the turn. I didn't think it would be THAT predictable.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I like it a lot.
They're really too different too compare though. The Z was a lot of fun around the corners cuz you can get that ass lose. The Evo hugs the shit out of the road and when you gas it, it fucking PULLS you through the turn. I didn't think it would be THAT predictable.
You nailed it, that's exactly what I would say about it, also coming from a z.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
its amazing how many people go from the Z to the X, i still go on the 370z forums now and then and theres always threads "should i get the Z or the X" lol.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looks good I did 5% all around with 35% windshield & a strip of 5% across the top

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
holy shit, thought i was crazy with 5% on the front and rear, but doing the windshield is crazy...lol.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
So I guess I'll finally say whats up and stop all my lurk-searching. Recently picked up an Evo back in late November. So far, so good.

I've only tinted the windows. Can't deal with people being able to see me clear as day through all 4 windows.

By hammz254 at 2012-01-02

Off to a pretty good start with her. My new years resolution was a simple one that I know I'll keep... make more power. So I ordered a few parts.

Perrin Intercooler Piping (For all those extra ponies :jk:)
AEM Intake
AEM Widemouth Downpipe
ETS High Flow Cat w/ wideband bung
GS 3 port boost controller
Rally Armor (Because fuck paint chips)

Gonna install a couple parts and then schedule an appointment for the rest and a dyno tune up at CBRD (I'm in Maryland). No big plans for suspension, just springs. Had the Z dumped and didn't necessarily enjoy the complimentary exhaust scrapes, speed bump zig-zags and near death-of-underbody experiences.
CBRD blows cars up with their tunes. Search :D

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
welcome! good to see another local evo. look up CCEVO for the local owners group. its kinda of the off season for meets and stuff, but ya never know

for a tune, cbrd is good, but yea some people have had issues recently. and by issues, i mean a hole in their engine a few days after the tune :( still, they're smart guys and im sure they'll straighten everything out. other local option is ucs performance in greenbelt, iag performance up west of baltimore, and p-tuning in manassas. UCS is the only evo specialty shop. IAG is mostly a subi shop, and p-tuning is known for scion/toyotas.

interested in doing any racing? a few of us are into hitting the local tracks, autox and drag.

oh, and i assume you meant AMS downpipe? AEM doesnt make one

·
Registered
14,174 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
yeah why troll?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts