Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm looking to buy a used 2008 Evo GSR. Its bone stock except for a no name exhaust and it appears to be lowered. I have a few questions:

Can there be any major issues with a no name exhaust? Or can simply replacing the exhaust solve it?

Since the car is lowered, is ther anything extra I should look out for on the test drive? The car is not on coilovers and it should just be some lowering springs.

Side question: Can the timing chain warning be reset through a flash or something? Last thing I want to do is buy the car only to find out the timing chain has been stretched.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I'm pretty sure not having a name on the exhaust will cause the motor to blow up.
On a side note if the timing chain is FUBAR you might want to have that checked out rather than just turning the light off.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Sounds like it was owned by a moron and he probably broke a lot of things that he won't tell you about. Keep looking anyone that lowers an AWD turbo car should be shot in the face with a phone pole shot from a cannon.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Sounds like it was owned by a moron and he probably broke a lot of things that he won't tell you about. Keep looking anyone that lowers an AWD turbo car should be shot in the face with a phone pole shot from a cannon.
Well I would say about 95% of us on here should have a phone pole sticking out of our eye.:ghey:

·
Registered
987 Posts
I dont see a problem with either mod. My sakura exhaust has no name on it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've got a IRL custom 3.5 " turbo back..... No name brand on there. And hey.. I've got tein lowering springs :(
Don't shoot me brah..... Lol
Honestly everything but my F250 is slightly lowered.

Timing chain warning on an 08.... Eh... If it were me I'd have the chain replaced and the oil pump while in there. Tell the saler to cut 3k off the cost of the car to cover the work needed cause Id be betting the clutch is most likely on its last leg too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.