Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a solution for using the AEM intake with a 3" turbo inlet? I'm currently running the FP Red with the 3" inlet elbow and I just have the AEM elbow attached to a 2.5" to 3" coupler. I really don't like it because the AEM elbow is just molded plastic and it doesn't secure to the silicon coupler well (obviously). It was just meant to be a temporary thing until I found a better solution. I know that I should probably just sell the AEM and get a 3" intake, but I really like the stock-like appearance of the AEM intake (minus the "AEM" stamped cover that I replaced). I guess all I'm really looking for is a 3" pipe that I can use between the AEM box and the turbo. I considered just buying some tubing and doing it myself, but I don't have the ability to weld on a pipe for the diverter valve, much less the skill to get the angles all correct. Has anyone had this same issue? Can anyone think of a solution?

If not, can anyone recommend an inexpensive 3" intake? I just spent another $1200 on fuel system upgrades, BOV and water/meth, so my funds for an intake are limited to whatever I can get for selling the AEM piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts