Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not gonna lie, I joined this place purely because I stumbled across it via google, saw a post by 4-D who is very local to me, and had to PM him.

But I'll give it a whirl!

Hello guys and gals, my name's Cheryl, and like 99% of women I'm nothing but trouble. :)

I have a 2009 Ralliart, and a 2007 Yamaha R1. (I have a problem with speed.) :> And I'm in the Tampa, Florida area.

Because every thread is useless without pictures, here are a couple.

That's in Downtown St. Petersburg during the Honda Grand Prix.

And this is the other love of my life.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope. Im convinced I should have made the names for Yamaha's paint schemes, As I'd call this Stripper nail polish...

It's Candy Apply Red. RA is Octane Blue, but that pic makes it look so dark.. And thanks! I've been spending HOURS trying to figure out how to get that god damn ugly fckn chrome grille black.. I finally painted it with Trim and Bumper paint. Now it's chipping. (I buffed it..)

So I've been looking into just swapping an evo x grill, some fenders, and call it a day. Now all you guys are saying my ass will be too skinny.. Dunno what to dooooooo! :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nah, Jennings GXP is damn expensive, and really far.. Last exit before Georgia. Im a slave to my job :( haha. And lighting for what? I have quite a few pictures of both. I need to work up the balls to actually take a picture of ME with them.

·
Most likely in chat
2,525 Posts
Nah, Jennings GXP is damn expensive, and really far.. Last exit before Georgia. Im a slave to my job :( haha. And lighting for what? I have quite a few pictures of both. I need to work up the balls to actually take a picture of ME with them.
That wont be necessary, just more pics of the bike please :D Full body shots, in the light please :wackoff:

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Nevermind, my picture won't work... :(

EDIT

Nice bike, btw.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks. Anyone have any suggestions to turn that chrome ring on my grill black? I've sanded it and painted it with Trim paint..

It looked great for about a week before the rocks kamikaze'd into it and chipped it up.. :|

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Thanks. Anyone have any suggestions to turn that chrome ring on my grill black? I've sanded it and painted it with Trim paint..

It looked great for about a week before the rocks kamikaze'd into it and chipped it up.. :|
Plasti-dip has shown good results. Unfortunately, painting and plasti-dipping will both result in rock chips. Even those of us with GSR's deal with chipping on the front. It's the nature of the beast.

The positive side of plasti-dip, though, is how easy it is to pull off and respray when, undoubtedly, it does get chipped up.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
ugh there's gotta be a better way. Rhino liner sounds good at this point LOL

Maybe vinyl wrapping it...
Vinyl might work, but it'll eventually get chipped, too. I'd use a few coats of plasti-dip and touch up when necessary, it'd probably be cheaper. The problem with the front of the car is that there will always be rocks and gravel and other junk being flung at it.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
I didn't read the first post, but then I saw then black finger nail and thumb ring and thought either Hotdog became a gay punk rocker or you're a girl.

I think all the girls who have an Evo X are the "dark" type. That'd be interesting to look at for marketing purposes. Maybe I'm just making gross generalizations.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.